protecting Vital Records & digital media
If your company is like many others, then the digital revolution means that approximately 93% of your business documents are created digitally—and only 30% are ever committed to paper. Digital media, while convenient, is fragile, and can become unreadable in a few short years if they're exposed to adverse conditions such as high heat, humidity, or strong magnetic fields during storage. Even in normal conditions, a typical hard drive only lasts 4-5 years. However, digital media that is stored under proper humidity and temperature control can be expended to 15-30 years on back up tapes in on-site modular fireproof vaults. These modular vaults are a long-lasting, convenient solution for protecting vital records and digital media from heat, humidity, magnetic fields, fire, flood, theft and tampering, and more.
On-Site modular fireproof vaults
Concrete vaults were good enough for protecting papers from fire and environmental degradation; however, they can cause serious problems for sensitive digital media, most of which are damaged at temperatures greater than 125° and relative humidity above 80%. In the event of a fire, escaping steam from concrete walls can quickly raise the temperature in the vault to 212° and relative humidity to a full 100%. Concrete is also susceptible to moisture-related problems such as mold and mildew that can also damage digital media. On-site modular fireproof vaults solve this problem with their spun ceramic material construction. The vaults are ideal for use in banks, financial facilities and government facilities, historical archive preservation, protecting server rooms, and much more.
More features of the on-site modular fireproof vaults include:
- Ideal for storing paper records, digital media, servers and other IT infrastructure, priceless items, film masters, core programming code, biological and stability samples, and more.
- Modular construction: The vaults are built from panels 24 inches wide and with heights that can vary from 8 to 20 feet.
- Modular vault panels are lightweight to allow for maximum storage flexibility without exceeding floorload requirements in high rise office buildings.
- Vault panels are constructed from spun ceramic material capable of withstanding temperatures above 2000°F for five hours.
- UL class 125 vault door assembly is made up of an outer and inner vault door. The thermal break between the doors increases the barriers to migrating heat, which enhances data protection.
- Specially designed cable trays to prevent heat from metal conduit to be carried into vault rooms.
- Structural steel design offers three times the strength of normal building constructions.
- Magnetic shielding components protect against common electromagnetic fields that can damage digital media.
- A roof deck protects the vault when sprinklers activate or during a fire fighting process.
- Vaults are pre-designed to integrate dust and vapor resistant lighting, humidity control, and fire suppression systems. The AC duct/damper assembly provides air circulation without compromising the integrity of the vault.
- Modular vaults are light enough to install on an upper floor and adaptable enough to move to a new location.
- Multi-level vault options are available to provide higher density storage.
contact us for On-Site Modular Fireproof Vaults
Don't leave the protection of your vital records to chance. Failing to provide proper protection for these records could lead to financial losses or even civil or criminal liability. Southwest Solutions Group® provides design and installation services of on-site modular fireproof vaults for protecting your vital records and digital media. We will even provide you with a free consultation to determine your exact needs before the design process begins. To learn more or to speak with a specialist, call us at 1-800-803-1083 or send us a message today.