Wire, vinyl, tires, carpet, textiles, garments, spools, and other rolled materials have this in common: They’re niche products that are difficult to store on conventional systems. With the rise in e-commerce, lack of physical space, and high customer expectations, your storage systems should be able to keep up with your business demands. That’s why vertical storage carousels are specifically designed for the storage and display of rolled and specialty products for faster retrieval, easier access, and improved ergonomics to keep your processes efficient and streamlined.
Vertical Storage Carousels Benefits
The vertical storage carousels offer a large number of benefits, and there are many different configurations depending on your application and storage needs.
Here is an overview of the benefits you can expect from installing any type of vertical storage carousel:
- Accommodates multiple diameters & types of materials
- Allows one person to do the work of multiple people
- Automatic operation reduces search and retrieval time
- Custom sizes available
- Easy for one person to operate
- Easy loading and unloading
- Improved ergonomics
- Multi-tower & bridge options
- Optional full enclosure for items that require extra security
- Optional integrated cutting boards
- Organization and visibility make inventory easier
- Positioned at point-of-use
- Prevents damage from handling
- Prevents injury from lifting
- Product line integration with your existing system
- Reduces the need for heavy machinery, forklifts, and ladders
- Saves floor space
- Security keypad prevents unauthorized use
Rolled Goods & Specialty Product Storage Challenges
- Temperature: Rolled goods and specialty products often need to be stored in a controlled environment with air conditioning.
- Moisture: Without climate control, moisture can build up in rolled products and cause damage, deterioration, or waviness (in the case of material like vinyl and plastic). Items should also never be stored within direct contact of concrete floors or exterior walls to keep materials as dry as possible.
- Pressure/Crushing: When rolled materials and round items like tires are stored horizontally and stacked on top of each other, the combined weight of products on upper levels can damage or crush items on lower levels.
- Floor Space: Due to their shape and bulkiness, rolled materials can take up a lot of valuable floor space when stored on regular static racks.
- Difficult Access: Retrieval, especially for bulkier items, can be difficult and time-consuming. Employees spend extra time locating, loading, and unloading products, which may even require additional machinery like forklifts to retrieve.
- Safety & Ergonomics: Difficult retrieval processes also cause numerous health and safety issues. Employees need to strain to retrieve heavy items, leaving them vulnerable to injury. Climbing ladders, steps, or operating forklifts and other equipment also increase the risk of accidents.
Vertical Storage Carousel Types
There are several different types of vertical storage carousels that can be used for an assortment of special uses. Between organizing car tires, to paint cans, or even textiles, vertical storage carousels can organize so many types of products. Here are seven types of vertical carousel storage. (See videos )
If your storage has ultra-specific requirements, these storage carousels can also be customized to your exact needs for any type of unique SKU’s. Some customization options include heavy-duty, multi-tower, bridged, and multi-spaced carousels.
Vertical storage carousels can offer great storage solutions for different industries. By optimizing the space people workaround, here is how these carousel storage systems create a better workflow.
One of the best things about the vertical storage carousels is their versatility to adapt to any application. Among the applications listed above, the carousels are also commonly used in industries such as:
- Government services
Contact Us for Vertical Storage Carousels
Southwest Solutions Group provides design and installation services for vertical storage carousels used in storage and display of rolled and specialty products in a wide variety of industries. If verticality is an issue, be sure to check out our guide on automated horizontal carousels to see how else we can enhance your workflow. We will also provide you with a free consultation to determine your exact needs and specifications before the design process begins. To learn more or to speak with a specialist, call us at 1-800-803-1083 or send us a message today.
“Working with Southwest Solutions including Matt, Susan, and especially Brad was great. They provide amazing customer service. Brad and the install team were especially great. Very professional, easy to work with, and did the work quickly and very well with very little input from us. If we need help with carousel storage moves, parts, or new equipment we will start with Southwest Solutions. ”
“The team at Southwest Solutions were nothing short of fantastic. First meeting with Craig, I received a customized design, in person, based on my office needs while still maintaining an efficient layout and being cost effective. Craig explained everything clearly, allowing me to understand that as modular mill-work, I would be able to move it if I ever changed offices, but without the added sales pressure to immediately make a decision. Once I had decided, I worked with Chris who assisted in picking out the finishes and scheduling the delivery and installation. The professionalism of Craig and Chris spoke volumes and I would highly recommend anyone looking to transform or fit-out an office to contact Southwest Solutions.”
“I want to let you know that we all really appreciated your team mentality, professionalism and dedication shown on this project. It was a pleasure working with you and your office and we look forward to many more. Please pass along my gratitude to everyone who worked on this project. Thanks! ”
“I just want to take a minute to let you know how good of a job your install crew did yesterday. They were quick, fast, courteous and very consensus during the install. They were awesome to say the least. Being in the service business ourselves, we know that you can never hear the words “Good Job” often enough. Please pass this along to your crew.”
See more Industrial testimonials