Vertical lift modules, or VLMs, are enclosed systems of large vertically arranged trays. Within the trays, you can store large and bulky items, small parts in bins, or almost anything else—each tray can hold up to 2,000 lbs. And with full tray extraction and easy crane and forklift integration, it’s easy to load, unload, and handle bulky goods. The work counter is also adjustable, so it can be easily used by any employee or other material handling equipment (see infographic).
The VLMs can also be installed through multiple floors and can be configured for dual-sided access. For example, instead of having to walk up and downstairs to deliver or retrieve parts, you can just send the requested item to the specified floor for pickup. Click here to watch the video.
To ensure that every cubic inch of your storage space is utilized effectively, the vertical material lift module includes software that detects and measures tray heights and automatically stores them in the location that would take up the least amount of space possible.
Vertical lifts are ideal for when you have a lot of overhead space and high ceilings. If you decide to expand later, the height of the lifts can easily be added too without you having to change up the system. Click here to see how vertical lifts revolutionized a company’s storage area using plastic bin shelving.
VLM Features & Benefits
So, what are the benefits of an automated storage and retrieval system?
- Automatic full tray extraction allows easier handling
- Pick-to-light software promotes quick and accurate retrieval
- Password protected controlled access to parts
- Dual tray delivery to enhance picking rates
- Up to 85% floor space savings compared to traditional storage methods
- Robotic arms, conveyors systems, overhead crane and lifting devices can be integrated
- Internal weight management system monitors trays to prevent overloading
- Fast travel and delivery of trays with toothed belt drive
- Tray height detection automatically maximizes storage density
- Automatic shutter doors close for security and dust protection
- Adjustable tray height settings for ergonomic height delivery
- Multiple weight capacity trays for both light and heavy weight loads
- Horizontal and vertical travel speeds can be adjusted for sensitive items
- Modular construction allows the unit to be expanded to accommodate future needs
- Infrared safety light curtain at access opening automatically stops all movement of the device if the beams are interrupted
- Available with totes, bins, containers, partitions, dividers, holders, and specialty equipment made to fit the exact dimensions of the trays
- Up to 6 access openings