Replace the Manual Process of Counting and Re-ordering with Automation
Manual processes are time-consuming and error-prone. Counting and re-ordering medical supplies takes nurses away from where they are really needed – with their patients. Inventory management software is designed to replace these manual processes. The automated medical supply re-ordering system uses RFID tags and a Kanban storage system to easily and efficiently manage the re-ordering process. Available on Vizient GPO Contract #CE2900 (Vizient customers call for contract pricing.
Using the Automated Medical Supply Re-Ordering System
The automated medical supply re-ordering system standardizes and speeds up the restocking process in just 6 easy steps.
- Kanban Storage System: A “two-bin” Kanban system is made up of a primary bin and a secondary bin for each SKU. Bins can be positioned left-to-right, front-to-back, or up-to-down.
- RFID Stock Card Setup: Every set of two-bins is set with a digital stock card that has an embedded RFID tag encoded with the supply details (i.e. type, quantity, location).
- Consumption: Medical supplies are pulled from the primary bin first.
- Re-order: When the primary bin is empty, slide the label to the red “out of stock” side. This indicates that more supplies need to be ordered.
- Once supplies are ordered, the older inventory is rotated to the front while the rear compartment is filled with new inventory.
Surgical & Supply Storage Solution Products
Stainless steel products, sterile core storage racks, basket drawer racks, hospital carts, stainless surgery packing tables.
Sterile Core Racks
Basket Drawer Carts
All Hospital Products
Automated Medical Supply Re-Ordering System Features
Transitioning to the automated medical supply re-ordering system is extremely simple because it requires very few changes to your existing infrastructure. Additionally the system:
- Can be positioned on any bin type
- Has on-tag support color-coding
- Fits any supply room
- Supports multiple supply areas in one department
- Displays online replenishment status
Contact Us for the Automated Medical Supply Re-Ordering System
Southwest Solutions Group® provides automated medical supply re-ordering systems to hospital materials managers across the United States. To speak to a healthcare representative, give us a call at 1-800-803-1083 or send us a message.
RFID Kanban Inventory Management Racks
Medical Rack Steel Specifications