unique applications for TRL lockers
While not technically an engineered-to-order (ETO) product, the K-9 bite suit storage locker for police dog canine training are a unique and noteworthy application of standard police gear lockers.
A tactical readiness locker (TRL) storage system was recently installed in a police department to use as a bite suit storage locker. Bite suits are protective suits worn while training police K-9's for bite work and criminal apprehension.
applications & features
The K-9 bite suit storage locker stands at 84" in height, 30" in depth, and 48" in width. Diamond perforated mesh doors, sides, and back ensures air floor to the bite suits for efficient drying, elimination of odors, and visibility. A vertical divider was also added to help compartmentalize and organize the canine training and bite work equipment. Additionally, a lock hasp was also added and is necessary to ensure the police department is able to lock and secure the expensive bite suits and related equipment. The K-9 bite suit storage locker is a perfect example of how standard tactical readiness lockers can meet the storage requirements of many applications beyond the military.
The K-9 bite suit storage lockers are modular, giving them the flexibility to fit nearly all storage requirements. Many modular accessories are available for the interior. Additional features include:
- Heavy-duty all steel construction
- Corner gussets for added rigidity
- Durable textured powder coated paint in a variety of available colors
- Diamond perforated, solid, or louvered doors available
- Box construction double thickness doors for strength and rigidity
- Stainless steel lock plate and handle with locker number plaque
- Three lock types available: hasp (for pad locks), keyed, or combination
- Some models can be made air extraction ready and HVAC compatible
- Some models can also be made to accommodate optional interior UL listed electrical outlets
Available standard sizes:
- Width: 18, 24, 36, 42, or 48"
- Depth: 24 or 30"
- Height: 72, 84, 90, or 96"
- Single, multi-tier, and custom size units available