unique applications for TRL lockers
While not technically an engineered-to-order (ETO) product, the K-9 bite suit storage locker for police dog canine training are a unique and noteworthy application of standard police gear lockers.
A tactical readiness locker (TRL) storage system was recently installed in a police department to use as a bite suit storage locker. Bite suits are protective suits worn while training police K-9's for bite work and criminal apprehension.
See Property & Evidence Bags, Police Uniform & Gear Shelving and Firearm Racks Prices
|See specifications and pricing for property & evidence bags, police uniform gear shelving and firearm racks.|
|Property & Evidence |
|Police Uniform |
|Evidence Firearm |
|Weapons & Ammo |
|See All of Our |
applications & features
The K-9 bite suit storage locker stands at 84" in height, 30" in-depth, and 48" in width. Diamond perforated mesh doors, sides, and back ensures air floor to the bite suits for efficient drying, elimination of odors, and visibility. A vertical divider was also added to help compartmentalize and organize the canine training and bite work equipment. Additionally, a lock hasp was also added and is necessary to ensure the police department is able to lock and secure the expensive bite suits and related equipment. The K-9 bite suit storage locker is a perfect example of how standard tactical readiness lockers can meet the storage requirements of many applications beyond the military.
The K-9 bite suit storage lockers are modular, giving them the flexibility to fit nearly all storage requirements. Many modular accessories are available for the interior. Additional features include:
- Heavy-duty all-steel construction
- Corner gussets for added rigidity
- Durable textured powder-coated paint in a variety of available colors
- Diamond perforated, solid, or louvered doors available
- Box construction double thickness doors for strength and rigidity
- Stainless steel lock plate and handle with locker number plaque
- Three lock types available: hasp (for padlocks), keyed, or combination
- Some models can be made air extraction ready and HVAC compatible
- Some models can also be made to accommodate optional interior UL listed electrical outlets
Available standard sizes:
- Width: 18, 24, 36, 42, or 48"
- Depth: 24 or 30"
- Height: 72, 84, 90, or 96"
- Single, multi-tier, and custom size units available