Replace the Manual Process of Counting and Re-ordering with Automation
Manual processes are time-consuming and error-prone. Counting and re-ordering medical supplies takes nurses away from where they are really needed – with their patients. Inventory management software is designed to replace these manual processes. The automated medical supply re-ordering system uses RFID tags and a Kanban storage system to easily and efficiently manage the re-ordering process. Available on Vizient GPO Contract #CE2900 (Vizient customers call for contract pricing.
Using the Automated Medical Supply Re-Ordering System
The automated medical supply re-ordering system standardizes and speeds up the restocking process in just 6 easy steps.
- Kanban Storage System: A “two-bin” Kanban system is made up of a primary bin and a secondary bin for each SKU. Bins can be positioned left-to-right, front-to-back, or up-to-down.
- RFID Stock Card Setup: Every set of two-bins is set with a digital stock card that has an embedded RFID tag encoded with the supply details (i.e. type, quantity, location).
- Consumption: Medical supplies are pulled from the primary bin first.
- Re-order: When the primary bin is empty, slide the label to the red "out of stock" side. This indicates that more supplies need to be ordered.
- Once supplies are ordered, the older inventory is rotated to the front while the rear compartment is filled with new inventory.
Surgical & Supply Storage Solution Products
|Stainless steel products, sterile core storage racks, basket drawer racks, hospital carts, stainless surgery packing tables.|
|Sterile Core |
|All Hospital |
Automated Medical Supply Re-Ordering System Features
Transitioning to the automated medical supply re-ordering system is extremely simple because it requires very few changes to your existing infrastructure. Additionally the system:
- Can be positioned on any bin type
- Has on-tag support color-coding
- Fits any supply room
- Supports multiple supply areas in one department
- Displays online replenishment status
Contact Us for the Automated Medical Supply Re-Ordering System
Southwest Solutions Group® provides automated medical supply re-ordering systems to hospital materials managers across the United States. To speak to a healthcare representative, give us a call at 1-800-803-1083 or send us a message.