Patient Exchange & Delivery Cabinets
Hospital supply technicians have many responsibilities that keep medications, records, equipment, and other vital supplies flowing efficiently. Those who deliver supplies to patient rooms need to work fast and sometimes cannot enter a patient room to deliver supplies. Patient room exchange cabinets are a pass-through supply storage solution that allows supply technicians to quickly deliver items without having to enter the patient room. Pass-through exchange cabinets are available to hospitals and healthcare facilities in Detroit, Grand Rapids, Warren, Sterling Heights, Arbor, Lansing, Flint, Clinton, Dearborn, Livonia, and throughout the state of Michigan. Click here to learn more about how the patient room exchange cabinets work.
Stocking & Re-Stocking Patient Rooms
Currently, many hospitals use built-in millwork exchange cabinets. These cabinets are typically not designed specifically for nurse’s, supply technician’s, and other hospital staff’s organizational needs.
That’s why the patient room exchange cabinets are uniquely designed with the input and guidance of actual healthcare professionals. The modular cabinets are placed into a cavity in patient rooms, allowing access from inside and outside. Technicians simply place supplies such as medication or linens in the cabinet and slide it closed. The cabinet runs through the wall so someone inside the room can retrieve items without leaving. Conversely, items can be stored in the cabinets for technicians to pick up without having to enter the room. For mobile exchange applications, patient exchange carts are also available.
Additional benefits of the patient room pass-through supply cabinets include:
- Modular design allows custom configuration and sizing
- Deliver and re-stock items without disturbing patients
- Pull-out trays can easily be taken out and quickly re-stocked with clean, fully stocked trays
- Full extension interior components
- Meets hospital fire code requirements and doesn’t obstruct hallways
- Mobile patient room exchange carts available
- Self-closing, self-locking doors for enhanced security
- Key lock and digital locking options available
- Closed cell gaskets on openings prevent dust, smoke, or noise into the patient room
- Constructed from anti-microbial powder coated steel with Silver Agion paint additive to reduce bacteria and help prevent hospital acquired infections
Contact Us for Patient Room Exchange Cabinets
Southwest Solutions Group® provides design and installation services for patient room exchange cabinets and pass-through supply storage to hospitals in Detroit, Grand Rapids, Warren, Sterling Heights, Arbor, Lansing, Flint, Clinton, Dearborn, and Livonia. We will also provide you with a free consultation to determine your exact needs and specifications before the design process begins. To learn more or to speak with a specialist, call us at 1-800-803-1083 or send us a message today.