Wire, vinyl, tires, carpet, textiles, garments, spools, and other rolled materials have this in common: They’re niche products that are difficult to store on conventional systems. With the rise in e-commerce, lack of physical space, and high customer expectations, your storage systems should be able to keep up with your business demands. That’s why a motorized vertical carousel is specifically designed for the storage and display of rolled and specialty products for faster retrieval, easier access, and improved ergonomics to keep your processes efficient and streamlined.
Learn more about:
Rolled Goods & Specialty Product Storage Challenges
- Temperature: Rolled goods and specialty products often need to be stored in a controlled environment with air conditioning.
- Moisture: Without climate control, moisture can build up in rolled products and cause damage, deterioration, or waviness (in the case of material like vinyl and plastic). Items should also never be stored within direct contact of concrete floors or exterior walls to keep materials as dry as possible.
- Pressure/Crushing: When rolled materials and round items like tires are stored horizontally and stacked on top of each other, the combined weight of products on upper levels can damage or crush items on lower levels.
- Floor Space: Due to their shape and bulkiness, rolled materials can take up a lot of valuable floor space when stored on regular static racks.
- Difficult Access: Retrieval, especially for bulkier items, can be difficult and time-consuming. Employees spend extra time locating, loading, and unloading products, which may even require additional machinery like forklifts to retrieve.
- Safety & Ergonomics: Difficult retrieval processes also cause numerous health and safety issues. Employees need to strain to retrieve heavy items, leaving them vulnerable to injury. Climbing ladders, steps, or operating forklifts and other equipment also increase the risk of accidents.