High Bay Racks Store University Books & Journals at New Offsite Joint Library Facility
Texas A&M University and The University of Texas recently collaborated to open the Joint Library Facility. The 18,000 square foot high density storage facility stores over a million books and journals for use by other academic and medical institutions. The Joint Library Facility is an off campus building equipped with Spacesaver® High Bay Racks to maximize space and reduce costs to store university library books and journals. (Read the full article about the opening of the Joint Library Facility)
Offsite Facility Using High Bay Racks Reduce Costs
A comprehensive study showed that the universities could greatly reduce the cost of storage for library books and journals by locating them in an offsite high density storage facility. The Joint Library Facility's study showed that the cost of storing one volume in open library stacks was $4.26 per year, taking into account personnel, lighting, maintenance, and heating and cooling costs. Whereas the offsite storage facility with High Bay Racks would reduce the cost to just 86 cents per volume, saving $3.40 per volume. In addition to cost savings, expensive onsite campus floor space is freed up for more frequently circulated materials and new study areas for students.
Spacesaver 19' Tall High Bay Racks Maximizes Storage to Reduce Costs
The Joint Library Facility is packed with 344 High Bay Racks standing 19 feet tall to maximize storage and reduce the cost of storing books and journals. The heavy-duty adjustable steel storage shelves are 53" wide and 36" deep. The High Bay Racks are specially designed with a 6 inch flue space on the sides and rear of the shelves to ensure safety and comply with NFPA 13 fire and sprinkler code requirements. The vertical heavy-duty steel upright frames are welded for structural rigidity.
Contact Us for Design and Installation Services of High Bay Racks for Your Offsite Facility
Southwest Solutions Group's representatives are knowledgeable in ADA, HIPAA, and Fire Code compliance, floor load implications, and innovative layout designs. Our team of planning professionals will develop accurate design drawings, administer order processing, and manage the logistical details of your project through each critical step. With over 10,000 successful installations, our platinum certified team of installation and service professionals is committed to doing your job right the first time.
Contact us today at 1-800-803-1083 or send us a message to find out more information about how High Bay Racks can maximize your storage floor space.
High Bay Storage Shelving Brochures
Click below to review XTend High Bay Storage Shelving brochures.
View Image Gallery
- archive library storage shelving high archive library storage shelving high
- high bay compact storage university... high bay compact storage university...
- high bay library storage box high bay library storage box
- high bay stack shelving offsite... high bay stack shelving offsite...
- high bay stacks library storage high bay stacks library storage
- high bay storage archive collection high bay storage archive collection
- installation high bay stack library installation high bay stack library
- installation mobile high bay storage installation mobile high bay storage
- library archive stacks shelving library archive stacks shelving
- library archives boxed categorized for library archives boxed categorized for
- library archives loading into high library archives loading into high
- library stacks archives storage shelving library stacks archives storage shelving
- mobile high bay archival shelving mobile high bay archival shelving
- mobile high bay library storage mobile high bay library storage
- mobile high bay storage university mobile high bay storage university
- mobile library stacks high bay mobile library stacks high bay
- mobile shelving mobile library shelving mobile shelving mobile library shelving
- rfid reader library archives warehouse rfid reader library archives warehouse