From research institutes and universities to factories and construction sites, from banks and corporate offices to apartments and hospitals, businesses and facilities worldwide rely on systems of access control to provide essential security for their operations. Biometric technology is rapidly advancing to provide the most efficient and ergonomic protection for this range of applications. Southwest Solutions Group offers a biometrics-based access control solution that provides significantly improved security compared to access control solutions that use RF cards only. Our smart face recognition terminal is equipped to meet the challenges of today and designed to protect not only property but also the people entering each facility.
Our biometrics access control system is equipped with robust features such as natural user management, various zone management, elevator management, touchless entry, and real-time monitoring. Our product is powered by Suprema FaceStation 2, the most advanced face recognition terminal used for access control. FaceStation 2 offers speed, accuracy, and the highest level of security, providing excellent performance for diverse access control needs.
Our Smart Face Recognition Terminal Provides High-Level Security
Highly restrictive environments like research labs with rigorous compliance requirements demand a superior access control and security system. For example, top institutions around the world are doing incredible research using biological materials to create vaccines. If these materials were to leave the lab, the consequences could be catastrophic. Facilities like these require the highest level of security, and our solution achieves this.
Our system provides strict access control for sensitive operations and eliminates keycard or password sharing. FaceStation 2 technology uses body measurements and physical attributes to find a person’s unique identifying features (retina or facial scans) to make a positive ID. Southwest Solutions’ product includes three biometric modalities: face recognition, thermal reading, and fingerprint ID. FaceStation 2’s built-in 21.0-megapixel camera can also serve as a surveillance device. The biometric access control solution is compliant with federal regulations.
Our Smart Face Recognition Terminal Promotes Hygiene and Safety
Our biometric access control system is designed not only to provide high-quality security but also to promote the health and safety of the individuals in your facility. One timely benefit of this system is its ability to detect suspected infections. Our thermal recognition feature reads body temperature at the access point. If our system detects a high body temperature, it releases a relay output which will trigger an alarm or notification. In this way, FaceStation 2 can detect symptomatic employees and students and prevent them from entering and possibly contaminating a facility.
Southwest Solutions Group technology also allows for touchless entry. FaceStation 2 uses sophisticated biometrics identification scanners and door locks to recognize irises, faces, and more. These features eliminate the need for access control cards and keypad codes which users have to type in. Touchless technology will allow universities, manufacturers, and corporate offices to reopen and function safely by minimizing the spread of germs on surfaces.
Additional Benefits of Our Biometric Access Control System
- Our biometric access control system is a multi-industry application, delivering personalized security for your building, facility, or campus.
- FaceStation 2 easily integrates into an existing system, which lowers the cost of adding security to your operations and helps you get the most return for your investment.
- FaceStation 2 boasts the world’s fastest face-matching speed of up to 3,000 match/sec, thanks to its advanced algorithm and range-leading 1.4GHz quad-core CPU.
- FaceStation 2’s memory capacity manages the largest number of users in its class, with a single unit accommodating up to 30,000 users, 50,000 face image logs, and 5,000,000 text logs.
- FaceStation 2’s high-quality face image logs maximize accurate recognition.
- IR-based fake face blocking technology helps FaceStation 2 detect live faces and guard against fraudulent entry.
- FaceStation 2 achieves operating illuminance of up to 25,000 lx, roughly five times brighter than the industry average, which affords accurate face recognition in almost any lighting conditions, including complete darkness.
- FaceStation 2 reads an extended height range and has an optional tilting bracket to accommodate wheelchaired persons and children.
- FaceStation 2’s intuitive graphic user interface requires almost no training for users and administrators.
The Architecture of FaceStation 2
The infographic below illustrates the configuration of FaceStation 2 access control systems.
Contact Us for Biometric Access Control Systems
Southwest Solutions Group® provides design and installation services for biometric access control systems powered by FaceStation 2 for your facility. To learn more or to speak with a specialist, call us at 1-800-803-1083 or send us a message today.