protect your servers, computers, & digital media
Many companies are converting to digital media because of its convenience and security features. However, digital media is fragile and become unreadable very quickly when exposed to adverse conditions such as high heat, humidity, mold, or strong magnetic fields. Don't leave the safety of your vital records to chance; fire-resistant modular server vaults provide digital media environmental protection to ensure that your records and servers are safe from natural disasters and conditions that can deteriorate or destroy them.
why fire-resistant server vaults?
When companies were only using paper records, regular concrete vaults were a fine solution for protecting them from fire or environmental degradation. However, in the event of a fire, escaping steam from concrete walls can raise temperatures in the vaults to 212° and relative humidity to 100%. This won't damage paper, but sensitive digital media can be destroyed at temperatures above 125° and relative humidity above 80%. Concrete is also more susceptible to moisture-related problems such as mold and mildew. The spun ceramic material of the fire-resistant modular server vaults avoids this, keeping servers and digital records in the most optimal environment for their storage. When properly stored, you can increase your digital media's lifespan from 4-5 years to 15-30 years. This makes the vaults ideal for not only server rooms, but for use in financial facilities and banks, government and military use, preserving vital historical archives, and more. The modular vaults are also installed on-site and can be reconfigured at any time, so you can save money on offsite storage costs.
Features of the fire-resistant modular server vaults include:
- Ideal for storing paper records, digital media, servers and other IT infrastructure, priceless items, film masters, core programming code, biological and stability samples, and more.
- Modular construction: The vaults are built from panels 24 inches wide and with heights that can vary from 8 to 20 feet.
- Modular vault panels are lightweight to allow for maximum storage flexibility without exceeding floorload requirements in high rise office buildings.
- Vault panels are constructed from spun ceramic material capable of withstanding temperatures above 2000°F for five hours.
- UL class 125 vault door assembly is made up of an outer and inner vault door. The thermal break between the doors increases the barriers to migrating heat, which enhances data protection.
- Specially designed cable trays to prevent heat from metal conduit to be carried into vault rooms.
- Structural steel design offers three times the strength of normal building constructions.
- Magnetic shielding components protect against common electromagnetic fields that can damage digital media.
- A roof deck protects the vault when sprinklers activate or during a fire fighting process.
- Vaults are pre-designed to integrate dust and vapor resistant lighting, humidity control, and fire suppression systems. The AC duct/damper assembly provides air circulation without compromising the integrity of the vault.
- Modular vaults are light enough to install on an upper floor and adaptable enough to move to a new location.
- Multi-level vault options are available to provide higher density storage.
contact us for Fire-Resistant Modular Server Vaults
Southwest Solutions Group® provides design and installation services for fire-resistant modular server vaults for providing digital media environmental protection. We will even provide you with a free consultation to determine your exact storage needs before the design process begins. To learn more or to speak with a fireproof vault specialist, call us at 1-800-803-1083 or send us a message today.