From labor and staffing to scheduling and more, warehouse managers must consider many variables when looking to increase productivity. If one area doesn’t align with the rest, it could throw your entire lean operation off and create inefficient chaos. Fortunately, experts can provide you with industrial computer workstation storage that has the vital flexibility to help your organization improve workflow. Find out how through this article, which examines the subject in more detail using the questions below.
- How can industrial computer workstation benches help warehouses advance productivity?
- How can these computer desks help warehouses optimize workspace?
- How should you clean the industrial computer bench stations?
Industrial computer benching stations have the essential strength and versatility to allow affordable and straightforward customization. So, you can design a personalized solution that suits your budget and changing workflow needs.
Creating workstations that handle the most basic or advanced tasks is easy to achieve without tools, thanks to a distinctive structure. Along with installing on most workbenches, its six fixing zones help limit interference and enable endless designs to take shape. Some popular layouts to pick from include:
- A basic painted steel workbench with two legs and an easy-to-clean, stain, and scratch-resistant laminated wood top.
- Adjustable worktables that provide a more ergonomic workspace while allowing you to remain productive from a seated or standing position.
- Specialized, stationary, or mobile configurations.
To ensure the scalable systems have the most efficient layout and function to support advancing productivity, consider adding accessories. Simple to integrate, users can combine many components to create stations with the essential technology to help you manage work processes. A few selections to choose from include:
- LED lamp with a magnifier to provide you with more precise visibility of the workspace, helping eliminate errors. It clamps to the work surface or specialized uprights with a light-duty arm adapter to simplify integration.
- Computer mounts can support many electronic devices, including tablets, laptops, LCD monitors, and more.
- Spool support bar to store wire reels and paper towels. Along with keeping coiled cables organized, the rod pivots to simplify changing material reels.
- Dual-function reversible tack board and marker panel that you use to secure procedure lists and instruction manuals, or write notes.
- Overhead storage cabinets with secure and convenient space to keep procedure manuals and binders organized.
- Pegboard tool holders to accommodate standard equipment that personnel often share, such as pliers and screwdrivers.
- Adjustable shelves and bin rails that provide flexible, efficient, and clean storage for small parts and other assorted supplies.
Through accessory use, essential items, such as hand tools, remain organized while within your ergonomic reach. Along with helping to reduce injury, it gives employees faster material access at a rate that raises work output. The computer desks remain ideal to use in harsh workplaces that require high-tech equipment use, including:
- Distribution center production and assembly lines
- Machine tool workshops
- Shipping and receiving areas
- Foreman’s offices
How can computer desks help warehouses optimize workspaces?
Systems remain durable and flexible in design, allowing you to add storage accessories that help optimize workspace based on user needs. Choose from a wide selection that will enable you to personalize your work area from top to bottom, including:
- A monitor arm that allows adjustments to the display screen for information sharing between colleagues. It also provides you with a clear view of stored data.
- Power strip helps deliver steady network connectivity.
- Tilting shelves with two or three dividers to keep stored materials separate and organized.
- Tray to accommodate the computer keyboard.
- Four-drawer pedestals provide filing storage that can support up to 100 pounds per drawer. The drawers can also extend to provide you with full ergonomic access and visibility to contents.
- Casters to convert static benching systems into mobile computer workstations. Add wheels to save space and work from anywhere.
Most accessories accept changes to their positioning and layout without using tools, making the reconfiguration process easy. Users need only to tighten handles or hook components onto the upright to complete system installation. As a result, shift employees can rearrange the space to fit personal preferences and comfort levels with a simple modification.
Facilities, in turn, have the organizational flexibility to meet increasing production demands through fewer yet affordable system reuse. Along with helping identify the solutions as a worthwhile investment, it ensures you have less equipment to maintain and save money. Click here for more on industrial workstations and benches.
How should you clean the industrial computer bench stations?
No matter what style worksurface you choose, experts recommend using an all-purpose cleaner to sanitize the industrial computer bench stations. To simplify the process, here are some general guidelines to observe when working with specific materials:
- When dealing with painted steel, avoid using an abrasive to remove stains. You should utilize isopropyl alcohol and turpentine instead.
- If working with stainless steel, blow dust or dirt off the surface with compressed air before cleaning. Make sure you always clean in the same direction as the grain, rather than against it.
- For laminate, acrylic, PVC laminate, and dissipative tops with stubborn stains, it is best to use an undiluted all-purpose cleaner.
Contact us for industrial computer workstation benches
Southwest Solutions Group® provides design and installation services of industrial computer workstation benches. Free consultations are available to determine you and your business’s exact needs before the design process begins. To learn more or to speak with a storage specialist, call us at 1-800-803-1083 or send us a message today.