Angle VS. Beaded Shelving Posts
When you're shopping for shelving, you'll often notice that shelving posts are commonly specified as angle posts or beaded posts. But what exactly are the differences between angle and beaded shelving posts? Why would you choose one over the other? Read on to find out.
Shelving posts should not be an arbitrary choice and the type of posts you choose could make a huge difference in your storage. Depending on your application, here are some considerations to make when you're in the market for shelves.
Beaded posts offer full access to the front of the shelf unlike angle posts that reduce shelf access by about 2". If your storage is a high capacity application, you might want to consider beaded posts because the extra inches quickly add up to even more space. Beaded posts also reduce assembly time with common posts between adjoining units, and the flush design allows straight-in/straight-out installation without tilting.
Angle posts are the most popular and common style and cost slightly less than beaded posts. With a stiffening offset rib, they are also designed for seismic applications—so if your storage is located in a location prone to earthquakes, you'll probably want to go with angle posts.
Prices for Industrial Storage Shelving, Lockers Cabinets & Bulk Racks
|See specifications and pricing for storage shelving, lockers, cabinets & racks.|
- Allows full use of the shelf width
- Provides full access to the front of the shelf
- The common posts between adjoining units reduce assembly time
- Heavy-duty for maximum weight bearing
- Ideal for multi-level applications such as mezzanines
- Shelves slip in and out without tilting for faster and easier installations
- Double-sided posts with independent shelf positioning make them ideal for posts between units
- No dead space behind posts
- Ideal for seismic applications
- Stiffening offset rib provides extra sturdiness
- Most common and least expensive type of posts
- Posts are bolted together between each section
- Reduces front shelf access
Contact Us for Angle & Beaded Shelving
Southwest Solutions Group® provides design and installation services for angle and beaded shelving posts and all other types of storage systems for a variety of applications. We will also provide you with a free consultation to determine your exact needs and specifications before the design process begins. To learn more or to speak with a specialist, call us at 1-800-803-1083 or send us a message today.