Kardex Vertical Lift Case Study For Small Parts Storage
This Kardex Vertical Lift Case Study took small parts stored in plastic bins on fixed shelves and stored them in three Automated Small Parts Storage Machines. The Automated Small Parts Storage Machines used the customer's overhead air space to store parts vertically to reduce their small parts storage area by 94%. The Vertical Lifts deliver parts to an ergonomic waist-high picking counter. The pictures in the video show how much storage space is wasted when storing small parts in plastic bins on traditional shelving units.
How Efficient is Your Small Parts Storage Area?
How efficient is your small parts storage area? If you’ve often wondered just how efficient is your parts room storage area, answer the following storage efficiency questions to see how well your storage area stacks up.
- Is there a lot of unused overhead air space in your storage area?
- Do you store inventory in a secondary location or in a modular storage container located away from the main storage area due to the lack of storage space?
- Is your storage area heated and air conditioned?
- Is there unnecessary air space between the top of your plastic bin and the shelf above the bin? Example, are 4” high bins being used with 9” to 12” high openings?
- Do your bins only consume part of the storage depth of your shelf, leaving unused airspace on the shelf behind the bins? Example, 12” bins should be used on 12” deep shelving, not on 15” deep shelving or higher.
- Is there a lot of empty space within the plastic bin itself? Plastic bins should be on average 70% to 80% full.
- Have employees taken time off in the last year due to lifting, climbing, or other work related injury?
- Are there inaccuracies accounting for inventory quantities or items out of stock due to the lack of inventory management control?
- Do you have a problem with pilferage of inventoried items?
- Do your employees have poor attitudes, frequent frustration, or low morale towards the current storage shelving?
If you answered to yes to one or more of these questions above, then a Kardex Vertical Lift Automated Small Parts Storage Machine is just what you need to make your parts storage area more efficient.
Interesting Facts About Kardex Vertical Lift Automated Small Parts Storage Machines
A couple of interesting facts about Kardex Vertical Lift Automated Small Parts Storage Machines. Automating small parts storage using vertical lifts typically enhanced parts room productivity by as much as 66%, and reduce workers compensation claims by eliminating accidents from climbing and bending to retrieve parts. In addition, these machines will automate inventory parts management to reduce stock-outs and control inventory costs.
We Design, Install, and Service Kardex Vertical Lifts and Automated Small Parts Storage Machines
We design, install, and service Kardex Vertical Lifts and Automated Small Parts Storage Machines in Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Arkansas, Missouri, and Tennessee. Call us today at 1-800-803-1083 or contact us for a free assessment of your storage area.