Storage Solutions for Rolled Materials
Rolled textile storage racks and cabinets provide durable and accessible storage for rolled museum collections such as rugs, canvasses, banners, paper, and more in Washington DC, Baltimore, Columbia, Germantown, Silver Spring, Waldorf, Glen Burnie, Ellicott City, Frederick, and throughout the state of Maryland. Click here to see more museum storage solutions.
Storing Rolled Textile Museum Collections
Instead of regular shelving, rolled textile storage racks provide an appropriate space for these materials while allowing staff to easily access them. On flat shelving, rolled materials may fall off or have to be stacked on top of each other to make room, which could cause damage to these valuable items. It also makes it difficult for users to find what they’re looking for and cause them to touch and manually handle materials that may be fragile. A specialized rolled storage rack provides durable storage, reduces manual handling, keeps materials off the floor and each other, and makes it easy and fast to find what they need.
The rolled textile storage racks are available in single- or double-face configurations that can be attached to the floor, wall, or a compact mobile system to save even more space. Frames are designed to accommodate items of any size for the utmost flexibility.
Features & options of the rolled textile racks include:
- Frame widths can be designed in 6″ increments from 24″ to 48″
- Heights available in 6″ increments from 48″ to 138″
- Single-faced depths range from 12″ to 30″
- Double-faced depths available from 30″ to 48″
- Horizontal supports spaced on 6″ vertical increments
- Roll tubs inserts and textile arms sold separately
- Adjoining units can be configured for storing longer items
- Roll tube inserts configurable in 1″ increments
- Textile arms can be adjusted to any position across the horizontal supports
- Textile brackets adjustable on 1″ centers along textile arms
- Optional accessories include: removable base covers to prevent dust accumulation and provide a sleek finish; canopy tops to protect stored items from dust and sprinklers; optional shelves for additional storage
- Finished with durable, non-off-gassing powder coat pained available in a variety of colors
Contact Us for Rolled Textile Storage Racks
Southwest Solutions Group® provides design and installation services for rolled textile storage racks and cabinets for storing museum collections in Washington DC, Baltimore, Columbia, Germantown, Silver Spring, Waldorf, Glen Burnie, Ellicott City, and Frederick. We will also provide you with a free consultation to determine your exact needs and specifications before the design process begins. To learn more or to speak with a specialist, call us at (800) 803-1083 or send us a message today.