Automated carousel racks for storing rolled awning & sunscreen materials
Awning and sunscreen materials are large, cumbersome, and difficult to store. Often, they are stored away from the production area, where employees have to spend much of their time just searching and retrieving the materials before transporting them back to the production area. Lifting and transporting these heavy items could lead to work-related injury for employees and damage to products. Automated carousel racks make it much easier to store and unreel rolled awning and sunscreen materials, saving time, material damage, and injury to employees. In addition, the automated carousel racks save space by maximizing vertical storage space and decreases retrieval time. The carousels can either be installed as stand-alone units or can be integrated with cutting tables, as shown in the video above.
features of the automated carousel racks for awning & sunscreen materials
Automated carousel racks are built to your exact needs depending on your budget and ceiling height requirements. A wide variety of optional features are also available for the machines to streamline efficiency even further. Key features of automated carousel racks include:
- Standard heights from 7'6" up to 21'
- Capable of storing up to 32 rolls of upholstery, vinyl, and fabric for patio shade materials
- Can hold rolls up to 38" diameter and lengths from 6' to 15'
- Stock control software that administers batch number and location, roll length and width
- Automatic loading system with integrated cutting board to further facilitate productivity
- Completely customizable to fit your unique needs
- Materials are stored and retrieved at ergonomic working heights to reduce injury
benefits of using automated carousel racks to store & unreel rolled materials
When used in conjunction to the cutting workstation, automated carousel racks provide additional benefits towards greater efficiency and productivity for your business. Other benefits include:
- Reducing the amount of used floor space by using overhead vertical storage
- Protecting patio shade materials from damage brought by handling and conventional storage
- Ease of use by positioning long rolls of fabric at the point-of-use for operators
- Reducing money lost on worker compensation because of injury caused by lifting
- Loading the fabric rolls can easily be done by one person
- Push-button controls for easy operation
- Added security with security keypad to prevent unauthorized access
contact us for automated carousel racks
Southwest Solutions Group® provides design and installation services of automated carousel racks for rolled awning and sunscreen materials. SSG will even offer a free consultation to determine your exact needs before the design process begins. To learn more or to speak with a material handling specialist, call us at 1-800-803-1083 or send us a message today.
Specialized Rotating Carousels Resources