Plant Material Desiccation Cabinets
The herbarium drying cabinet provides museum storage for plant material and botanical research in applications such as natural history museums, botany and organic chemistry departments, medical research centers, and pharmaceutical drug dispensaries. This unique cabinet both stores and protects to ensure the integrity of your samples during storage.
The cabinet works by extracting moisture from pressed plant samples to preserve their structural integrity for further study or other processing applications. With an independently-controlled fan and a thermostatically controlled 120 V heater, the vented herbarium drying cabinet reaches a maximum internal temperature of 120°F to allow thorough and rapid drying of plant material and other specimens (shop for more museum cabinets online).
Two separate door indicator lights are located on the door's exterior along with a thermometer. The green light indicates normal operation, while the red light flashes in the event of thermal overload.
Five vented shelves are adjustable on every 1/2 inch to allow you to store specimens of various sizes. Leveling feet on all four corners and a hinged lift-off door are also provided.
Herbarium Drying Cabinet Features
- Dimensions: 32"W x 29"D x 84"H
- Internal clearance: 27½"W x 26½"D x 77" H
- 31 powder coat colors available with no volatile organic compounds
- 120 V UL listed heater with 1 year warranty
- Adjustable independent fan & heater function
- Vented shelves provide air and heat circulation
- Door indicator lights for normal operation & thermal overload
- Thermometer on door for quick & visible temperature monitoring
- Internal temperature: 115-120°F depending on shelf positions
- Optional collection screen for debris
- Locking handle
- Four leveling feet
Contact Us for Herbarium Drying Cabinet Museum Storage
Southwest Solutions Group® provides design and installation services for herbarium drying cabinets for desiccating plant material and botanical research in museum storage. We will also provide you with a free consultation to determine your exact needs and specifications before the design process begins. To learn more or to speak with a specialist, call us at 1-800-803-1083 or send us a message today.