New Standards for Properly Storing Endoscopes
In the U.S. from 2010 – 2014, there were 3.1 million endoscopic procedures completed. To help medical facilities reduce the risk of cross-contamination between patients who undergo endoscopic procedures, AAMI ST91 “Flexible and semi-rigid endoscope processing in health care facilities” was released. Part of the new standard addresses endoscope storage. Properly storing scopes includes hanging them vertically in a ventilated cabinet with no bends and no touching. Our endoscope storage cabinets will meet all these requirements and more. (Learn more about our other infection control products).
Special Features of the Endoscope Storage Cabinets
The endoscope storage cabinets accommodate a variety of scopes including colonoscopies, EUS Scopes, TEE probes, bronchoscopes, cystoscopies, and ENT Scopes. Depending on your needs, there are three cabinets available to store either eight or 16 endoscopes, and either pull-down doors or glass doors.
The cabinets are specially designed to ensure every requirement of the new standard is met so that your medical facility can fight against healthcare acquired infections (HAIs). Here are some of the special features of the endoscope cabinets:
- Metal Construction: With metal construction, you get a cabinet that doesn’t retain moisture. It’s also easier to clean and sanitize.
- Heavy-Duty Doors: The cabinet doors have three times the lifespan of a plastic door. They are also foam filled for quieter use.
- Internal Drawstring Door Closure: The door closure aid is made of a poly-coated wire and located inside the cabinet to reduce the chance of contamination.
- UL Approved: The components are all UL approved and listed. And since the fan unit is only 20V powered, it’s under the 120V power and not required to be UL approved.
- HEPA Filter: You will maintain cleaner endoscopes with the replaceable filter that’s triggered when the cabinet door closes.
Contact Us for Endoscope Storage Cabinets for Your Medical Facility
Southwest Solutions Group® provides endoscope storage cabinets for all types of medical facilities. SSG will even offer a free consultation to determine your exact needs. To learn more or to speak with a specialist, call us at 1-800-803-1083 or send us a message today.