Cleanstart Ultrasonic Washer for Surgical Instruments
Manual cleaning processes are prone to error due to factors that influence reliability (training, performance, workload, tool availability, etc.), leaving surgical instruments still containing bacteria and bioburden by the time they reach the operating room. Hospital-acquired infections cost hospitals about $16.6 million per year, but this number can be drastically reduced with a simple solution to allow more efficient and thorough cleaning. The Cleanstart ultrasonic washer and disinfector uses technology adapted to meet AAMI cleanliness standards for the sterile processing of medical devices. Simply load the instruments in the washer, push a button, and get them ready for sterilization once the automated washer cycle is complete.
Automatic Instrument Cleaning with Ultrasonic Power
The Cleanstart ultrasonic washer is perfect for all types of surgical instruments, even those that are hard to clean such as robotic, orthopedic, laparoscopic, and non-cannulated instruments, as well as neuro/suction tips.
The ultrasonic washers bring to healthcare the technology originally developed for use use in aerospace, automotive, and food/beverage industries with rigorous testing and cleanliness standards. While manual cleaning can more than 90 minutes, the ultrasonic washers do it all in less than 40 minutes. The process is simple, reliable, and, most importantly, efficient and effective at thoroughly disinfecting every surgical instrument.
Easy & Efficient 9-Step Process
Here's the easy, hands-free automated process:
- Load the instruments in the washer. Attach cannulated instruments to one of 24 ports, and place non-cannulated instruments are in the tray. We can provide you with new baskets or you can use your pre-existing ones.
- Simply push the start button to close the top and begin the automated cycle.
- To loosen debris, the tank is filled and ports are flushed with 120°F water and enzymatic solution for a 21-minute soak.
- A mixture of air and fresh water is flushed through the ports. Microbubbles formed within the tube implode due to ultrasonic action, which dislodges any remaining bioburden.
- The ports are flushed with 196°F fresh water through the cannulated instruments for four minutes, three separate times during one wash cycle.
- The drains open and empty the wash tank.
- An 196°F fresh water spray rinses the exterior of the instruments for another four minutes.
- A two-minute cold water ozone spray removed contaminates without leaving chemical deposits.
- A staff member removes the tools from the washer, which are ready for the sterilization process.
Contact Us for Cleanstart Ultrasonic Washers
Southwest Solutions Group® provides design and installation services for Cleanstart ultrasonic washer disinfectors to prepare medical devices for sterile processing. We will also provide you with a free consultation to determine your exact needs and specifications before the design process begins. To learn more or to speak with a specialist, call us at 1-800-803-1083 or send us a message today.