new protection for data centers
Especially after the devastation of thousands of data centers in the wake of Hurricane Sandy, it became obvious that developing a disaster plan for data centers is an essential component of any data center protection strategy. Environmental resistant modular vaults are flexible, on-site, and simplify the already complicated process of data center maintenance and protection.
modular vaults offer flexibility & protection
Environmental resistant modular vaults are becoming more and more common data protection options for facility managers. The vaults provide a controlled environment that offers flexibility and protection from a wide variety of environmental factors that can be damaging, not just natural disasters. In addition to fire and floor, the vaults also protect data centers from excess heat, moisture, dust, humidity, mold, electromagnetic fields, and more.
There are three essential types of modular designs for vaults: 1) A complete modular data center, including infrastructure and IT equipment room space that is fabricated offsite and shipped fully assembled, 2) individual components which are designed and assembled in a modular form, shipped to the site for assembly into a data center, and 3) parts of the data center or IT cabinets can be assembled offsite and installed in existing or newly built spaces, which speeds installation and limits on-site construction time. If you're not sure what type of design would be best for your facility, we will be happy to help you decide.
Environmental resistant modular vaults offer a wide variety of standard features for the maximum protection of your data center:
- Lightweight, expandable panel systems that provide multiple levels of protection.
- Ideal for storing paper records, digital media, servers and other IT infrastructure, priceless items, film masters, core programming code, biological and stability samples, and more.
- Modular construction: The vaults are built from panels 24 inches wide and with heights that can vary from 8 to 20 feet.
- Modular vault panels are lightweight to allow for maximum storage flexibility without exceeding floorload requirements in high rise office buildings.
- Vault panels are constructed from spun ceramic material capable of withstanding temperatures above 2000°F for five hours.
- UL class 125 vault door assembly is made up of an outer and inner vault door. The thermal break between the doors increases the barriers to migrating heat, which enhances data protection.
- Specially designed cable trays to prevent heat from metal conduit to be carried into vault rooms.
- Structural steel design offers three times the strength of normal building constructions.
- Magnetic shielding components protect against common electromagnetic fields that can damage digital media.
- A roof deck protects the vault when sprinklers activate or during a fire fighting process.
- Vaults are pre-designed to integrate dust and vapor resistant lighting, humidity control, and fire suppression systems. The AC duct/damper assembly provides air circulation without compromising the integrity of the vault.
- Modular vaults are light enough to install on an upper floor and adaptable enough to move to a new location.
- Multi-level vault options are available to provide higher density storage.
contact us about Developing A Disaster Plan for Data Centers
Southwest Solutions Group® provides design and installation services for environmental resistant modular vaults for developing a disaster plan for data centers. We will even provide you with a free consultation to determine your exact needs and what type of vault you need before the design process begins. For more information or to speak with a specialist, call us at 1-800-803-1083 or send us a message today.