Flexible Carts for Pharmacy & Nurse Departments
Pharmacy and nurse departments not only have to worry about keeping patients safe, but storing their supplies as efficiently as possible too. Medications and other items need to be properly secured without taking up too much space and while remaining within quick access. Pharmacy and nurse department carts for open and closed transport are a simple but effective solution that can adapt to a hospital's constantly changing needs and use a limited amount of space when not in use. Hospitals in Albuquerque, Las Cruces, Rio Rancho, Santa Fe, Roswell, Farmington, South Valley, Clovis, Hobbs, Alamogordo, and throughout the state of New Mexico are encouraged to try incorporating these carts into their workflows. Click here to learn more about the advantages of integrating open and closed transport carts into your hospital workflow.
Save Space, Improve Workflow, & Integrate FIFO
The carts feature modular components that allow them to be quickly and easily modified according to your specific needs. Combinations of columns are endless and available in multiple sizes, allowing you to store any type of supplies. It's easy to apply FIFO (first in, first out) principles with the carts, as visibility of inventory and date-based goods is improved. This leaves you with less stock and less risk of keeping medication after its expiration date, which in turn increases patient safety. Additional benefits of integrating the open and closed transport carts into your department's workflow includes:
- Save 30 to 35% of space in your storage area due to modular components
- Use the maximum amount of space available due to the lack of void air between different positions
- Ease of rearrangement allows for a more workable area that is easier for staff to navigate and improves workflow
- Can be combined with a color-coded indexing system to create simpler, faster storage and access to products
- Polycarbonate modules and baskets with dividers and label holders creates a better overview and more visibility of stored items
- Open or closed carts available for transport to sterile locations
- Implementing the carts and a FIFO storage approach has a proven positive impact on hospital accreditation
- Cost savings due to increased efficiencies, improved workflow, and better organization
Contact Us for Pharmacy Nurse Department Carts
Southwest Solutions Group® provides design and installation services for pharmacy and nurse department carts for open and closed transport to hospitals in Albuquerque, Las Cruces, Rio Rancho, Santa Fe, Roswell, Farmington, South Valley, Clovis, Hobbs, and Alamogordo. We will also provide you with a free consultation to determine your exact needs and specifications before the design process begins. To learn more or to speak with a specialist, call us at (800) 803-1083 or send us a message today.