Long-term solutions for gas & electric company
A company’s 24,000 plus square foot facility was planning on opening a new state-of-the art distribution grid control center for their 140,000 circuit mile electric distribution center. The end result will provide operators more insight into the grid, allowing them to identify outages faster and overall become a more reliable system for customers.
The control center desks themselves are designed so they’re able to accommodate the technology the company needs to support and facilitate decisions to maintain the company’s effectiveness and reliability to customers, especially with their more sophisticated installations and complex grid.
The new embedded distribution grid incorporated advanced electronic mapping and data to help operators quickly pinpoint the exact location of an outage. Operators are also able to control equipment remotely and work with automated switches to reroute the flow of electricity. The distribution grid control center also enhances safety and reliability since it gives operators real-time visibility.
Because of the flexibility and modularity of the control center desks, the operators are able to receive real time operations information so they can respond much more quickly to customers. The control center desks allows the distribution grid for the company to expand and serve even more customers more effectively, and will be prepared to expand again as future needs arise. The desks have multiple features to allow both enhanced comfort and productivity, including:
- Heavy-duty steel construction for long-lasting use and a large loading/lifting capacity
- Push-button height adjustments
- Cable management systems, adjustable monitor arms, and slatwall mounting to keep desks neat and organized and keep cables safe from damage or accidental disconnection
- Steel construction for optimal ventilation of computer parts
- Multi-use equipment cabinets for storing CPU’s and other items
- User safety features including anti-collision technology and safety gaps to prevent pinch points
contact us for control center desks
Southwest Solutions Group® provides design and installation services for installing control center desks for mission critical operations centers in all types of facilities, including gas, electric, public safety, geosteering, air traffic, and more. We will even provide a free consultation to determine your exact needs before the design process begins. To learn more or to speak with a specialist, call us at 1-800-803-1083 or send us a message today.