Improving Space & Efficiency in Children's Hospital
Time and space management were paramount concerns for a 27-bed full-service and freestanding pediatric care facility and hospital. When the hospital received a grant to renovate their two trauma care rooms, modular casework was installed to improve efficiency and space utilization while avoiding down time and costly building renovations or construction costs. (see more medical casework)
Meeting Medical & Healthcare Needs
The hospital provides emergency care for children from birth to 18 years old, so it was imperative that the casework could be installed without interrupting any hospital operations. With this in mind, much of the installation process was expedited. Because the casework is modular in design, most of the construction could be completed at the factory before shipping, then assembled quickly on-site. Installers spent less than a week installing casework in each room, and some installers worked at 2 or 3 in the morning to reduce interruptions to hospital operations.
Space utilization and optimization was a major objective of the project. Including patients and hospital personnel, there are often 12-14 people and 2-3 beds in each room, so as much space needed to be freed up as possible. Features of the healthcare modular casework for this application include:
- Special base cabinets with pocket doors increased storage capacity
- Counter with legs and open area below created an area to smoothly wheel a crash cart underneath
- High density polyurethane bins provide efficient storage and an impenetrable surface
- Uniformity from left to right and from room to room allows staff to locate materials quickly
- Custom laminate fits with hospital standards guide
- Windows on cabinet doors provide visibility
- Curves on windows created to eliminate 90 degree seams in edge banding
- Slanted slopes to reduce dust
- Vinyl-wrapped drawers eliminate openings where bacteria can grow
Contact Us for Medical & Healthcare Modular Casework
Southwest Solutions Group® provides design and installation services for healthcare modular casework to improve efficiency and space utilization in hospitals. We will also provide you with a free consultation to determine your exact needs and specifications before the design process begins. To learn more or to speak with a specialist, call us at 1-800-803-1083 or send us a message today.