Why Choose Hamilton Sorter’s Scientific Lab Furniture
Hamilton Sorter’s scientific lab furniture is an extensive line of casework. Offering more features and options than any other casework supplier, Hamilton Sorter has everything you need to create a functional laboratory space including cabinets, tables, benches, work surfaces, and so much more. Click here to learn more about modular casework.
For example, durable phenolic resin work surfaces and an integrated sink will stand up to harsh and corrosive chemicals. While lockable drawers and doors with individually keyed locks provide secure storage of expensive equipment, such as microscopes
And unlike millwork, lab furniture and casework from Hamilton Sorter gives you the ability to install in phases. Then later you can re-imagine and re-configure the layout when your needs change, reducing the impact of modification and expansion on the budget and the environment.
Standard Casework Pieces Used for Custom Mobile Applications
Because Hamilton Sorter offers such a variety of standard pieces, you can modify them to create custom solutions. In these examples, standard components were used to make mobile applications for these laboratories.
A surgical lab cleanroom was engineered with epoxy resin worksurfaces, extensive task lighting, and touch faucets that allow researchers to activate water with a wrist or an elbow. The most innovative solution was the mobile table. It was comprised of a traditional mailroom dump rim tray and then outfitted with an epoxy resin surface.
Another mobile application was designed for a college. Standard cabinets were placed on wheels to transport valuable lab equipment from classroom to classroom. Each of the individual compartments snugly house expensive microscopes. These mobile cabinets are encased in heavy-duty aluminum frame extensions for added protection, which is a standard feature. Fume Hood Checklist.
More Features of the Scientific Lab Furniture and Casework
- An easily accessible leveling system assures perfect alignment of modular components. Laminate, powder-coated steel, and stainless steel kick plate options are available.
- Multiple door options like laminate with 2mm impact-resistant edge band, seamless thermofoil, powder-coated or stainless steel, and glass fronts are standard.
- Countertops are available in laminate, solid surface, stainless steel, phenolic resin, and many other materials.
- Easy-to-install, rail-mounted wall cabinets provide precise height and depth adjustment for clean installation and the look of custom millwork.
- All edges are sealed with impact-resistant PVC for durability; there are no exposed edges on any lab furniture or casework.
- Under-shelf and under casework lighting’s focused illumination provide eye comfort and visual drama to the work environment. Hamilton Sorter offers a number of hardwired and plugged lighting options.
- Anti-fatigue mats provide comfort and ergonomic support for lab personnel who spend much of their workday on their feet. These mats are just one example of a number of accessories available through Hamilton Sorter to enhance any workstation.
- One-piece stainless steel drawers available on our steel casework products provide long life, easy cleaning, and 150 lb. load capacity. The smooth side mount ball bearing slide allows easy removal of the drawer body, and full extension slides provide complete accessibility.
- An optional five-knuckle hinge designed for the rigors of institutional applications meets ANSI/BHMA Grade 1 standards.
- Wilsonart® compact laminate worksurfaces, formulated specifically for the lab environment, is engineered to resist a variety of acids, solvents, general reagents, and cleaning agents.
- Hamilton Sorter 18 gauge steel door and drawer fronts for upper and base cabinets provide superior corrosion resistance for the lab environment’s scrub downs and bleach washings. Fire retardant steel doors exceed Scientific Equipment Furniture Association (SEFA) 8 Performance Standards
- Stainless steel drying racks, suitable for use in any lab or pharmacy environment, are available. Mounted to our upper cabinet, they provide durable water and chemical drainage for even the most delicate glassware.
Contact Us for Hamilton Sorter Scientific Lab Furniture
Southwest Solutions Group® provides design and installation services for Hamilton Sorter’s scientific lab furniture. SSG will even provide a free consultation to determine your exact needs before the design process begins. To learn more or to speak with a specialist, call us at 1-800-803-1083 or send us a message today.