Healthcare Records Overload
Microfilm and paper records has been the main storage media of choice for healthcare until recently, when the prevalence of digital records started increasing. Today, many healthcare facilities still have libraries of microfilm, on top of their paper documents. With ever-increasing medical records, hospitals and other healthcare providers are quickly overwhelmed with the amount of paper and microfilm they have to store. Many hospitals are now using medical records for their patients. Medical records management and eliminating microfilm and paper document overload by converting to digital is an easy way to stay on top of your increasing records, and is easier than you think. Click here to see our full document scanning process.
Digital Documents Replacing Microfilm & Paper
The healthcare industry tends to be paper-intensive, and many of them are looking for easy and secure ways to control their increasing volumes of paper documents and microfilm. Digital records offer access and archiving advantages, along with security and ease of organization and retrieval. For healthcare facilities in particular, having patient records on hand and easily accessible is of the utmost importance. However, it can be difficult knowing just where to start (for example, if you want to scan active records, inactive records, or both).
We can help you find a document scanning and conversion schedule that works for you. With our scanning and conversion services, you can expect:
- Eliminating microfilm and paper document overload: We'll help you get control of your existing and future records
- Fast & affordable scanning: We will scan and convert your documents within your time constraints and budget.
- Black and white or full color scanning
- Barcode and OCR (optical character recognition) available for indexing and faster retrieval
- All types of documents can be processed, including photos, EKG strips, and large fold-out sheets that need page separation
- Low impact document prep to minimize labor
- HIPAA and CJIS compliant scanning staff
- We will use our own scanning staff and equipment, so you don't need to buy your own
- Customizable service packages and budget plans
- Still have questions? Check out our FAQ.
Contact Us for Medical Records Management
Southwest Solutions Group® will help you with your medical records management and help with eliminating microfilm and paper document overload. We will scan your documents into whatever digital format you prefer, and will even scan a box of your records for free so you can try our services before you buy. For more information or to speak with a document scanning specialist, call us at 1-800-803-1083 or send us a message today.