improving your work environment
Studies show that the average drop in productivity caused by buildings with poor ventilation has an annual cost of $60 billion. In addition, the #1 complaint to facility managers is temperature, with poor indoor air quality being in the top 10 complaints of corporate tenants. High volume low speed (HVLS) fans, directional fans, and wind turbines can improve workforce health and productivity by removing poor quality and hot, stale air that can cause numerous problems for your facility while keeping your energy bills low.
how fans & wind turbines can help
High volume low speed (HVLS) large diameter fans:
- Ideal for large floor areas with high ceilings
- Blankets work areas with a constantly-moving air current to create an evaporative cooling effect
- De-stratifies uneven air to create even, ambient temperatures
- Reduces condensation and humidity that promote mold and other allergens to grow
- Can be run in reverse in winter to bring warm air trapped in the ceiling down to work areas
- Inexpensive operation at 6 cents/hour for one fan at 0.75 KW (24 ft fan uses less power than the average hair dryer)
- Fan sizes: 8 ft to 24 ft in diameter with air movement diameters up to 230 ft
7 ft directional fans:
- Ideal for low ceilings, high rack aisles, other spaces with obstacles that obstruct airflow
- Adjustable air foils can be set for one or two-directional use
- Blows air 40 ft x 100 ft in two directions or 40 ft x 200 ft in one direction
- Can reduce cooling & ventilation costs by up to 50%
- Cools facility users, controls insects, keeps floors dry, improves employee comfort & productivity
Wind-powered exhaust turbines:
- No electricity or wiring required: completely wind-driven operation that only requires a 10 mph breeze to ventilate and exhaust air
- Ventilates and exhausts hot air, pollutants, odors, & allergens
- Reduces temperatures by up to 10°F
- Designed to withstand high winds and adverse weather conditions
The HVLS fans, directional fans, and wind turbines can be installed as standalone solutions or can be installed together for even more savings as a complete ventilation system. The large diameter HVLS fans will destratify the air, while the turbines will exhaust the hot, stale air and replace it with cool, fresh air.
The large diameter and directional fans then blow this cooler air throughout the building. Installing one or more of these ventilation solutions will increase productivity and worker comfort, decrease worker compensation claims and insurance premiums, improve indoor air quality, reduce moisture and humidity, reduce risk of illness, enhance morale, reduce energy costs, and improve air circulation.
contact us for HVLS fans, Directional Fans, & Wind Turbines
Southwest Solutions Group® provides design and installation services for high volume low speed HVLS fans, directional fans, and wind turbines to improve workforce health and productivity. We will even provide you with a free consultation to determine your facility's exact ventilation needs before the design process begins. To learn more or to speak with a specialist, call us at 1-800-803-1083 or send us a message today.