industrial grade fans for your facility
Productivity drops by 2% for every degree rise in temperature above 77°F according to a study at Waseda University in Tokyo. Higher temperatures also increase humidity, which in turn increases the likelihood of the proliferation of mold, mildew, and other toxins. Humidity-related condensation can also lead to equipment failure and injuries caused by slippage, not to mention the increased risk of heat-related injuries. Luckily, big diameter fans serve as all-purpose industrial grade ventilators that can reduce all of these risks while improving the comfort of your facility users and reducing your electricity bill.
how the fans serve as all-purpose ventilators
Whether your facility is large or small, with high ceilings, closed or open air, there's a fan that can work for you. Big diameter fans don't just push hot, stale air around; they blanket a large area with constantly moving air to create an evaporation cooling effect that can make facility users feel 10°F cooler. This cooling also helps control humidity and condensation, so you can have a safer and healthier facility.
What really separates our big diameter fans is the Tubercle Technology™ blades. Inspired by the fins of whales, tubercles allow the fans to be both powerful and efficient since it requires less blades and less power to move more air. With tubercles, more air is able to pass across the blade with much less wind resistance. And unlike competitive models, we encourage you to run your fans in reverse for winter heating--it will not negatively impact your 15-year warranty. In reverse, the fans will bring hot air trapped at the ceiling down to destratify uneven temperatures so you can experience year-round savings.
Additional Benefits big diameter fans
Many additional benefits of installing High Volume Low Speed fans for large rooms and high ceilings include:
- Quiet and efficient operation; the largest 24 ft fans consume less power than an average hairdryer
- Extremely low maintenance; recommended inspection every 20,000 hours
- Inexpensive operation; approximately 6 cents/hour for one fan at 0.75 kw
- Provides floor-to-ceiling and wall-to-wall constant and even ambient temperature
- Creates air curtains and non-disruptive air flows
- Minimizes need for expensive duct work in new construction
- Comfortable work environment increases productivity, decreases absenteeism, and reduces risk of injury
- Extended equipment life because the equipment doesn't need to cycle as often or as long as other fans
- Energy savings in both summer and winter
- Tubercle blades allow fans to move more air with fewer blades and less noise
- Protects equipment from damage due to humidity and condensation
- Decreases or removes airborne pollutants
- Fans available in 8', 12', 16', 20', and 24' diameters
- Capable of rotating up to 400,000 cfm
- Operates on 0.75 to 1.5 kw
- Variable frequency drive for soft starts and variable speed operation from 0-100%
- safety clips, blade safety links, and collet-type friction drive bushing technology
- Reversible operation for destratifying air in winter
- Fans can cover an area up to 230 ft in diameter
- Ability to link multiple fans
- Fire system & HVAC compatible
- Equipped and compliant with ESFR Control Relays and are fully UL approved
- Minimum ceiling height should equal or exceed the diameter of the fan installed (ex: a 24' fan should have a 24' minimum ceiling height)
Contact Us For all-purpose industrial grade ventilators
Southwest Solutions Group® provides design and installation services of big diameter fans. SSG will even provide a free consultation to determine your particular facility's exact needs before the design process begins. To learn more or to speak with a specialist, call us at 1-800-803-1083 or send us a message today.