Energy Saving Military ventilation
Energy efficiency is a challenge for military buildings, but keeping troops comfortable and safe from heat-related injury is extremely important. Giant overhanging fans heat, cool, and ventilate military hangars, offices, mess halls, and other indoor or outdoor military facilities more effectively and with less energy than other overhead or basket fans. The overhanging fans provide cooling, heating, and ventilation for facilities with or without HVAC systems for year-round energy savings and comfort.
how the giant overhanging fans reduce energy & ventilate military facilities
With the giant overhanging fans, it doesn't matter if your military facility is large, small, indoor, or outdoor. Pushing stale and hot air around doesn't do anything to improve comfort or cool facility inhabitants, but the overhanging fans actually pull hot air up and push cool air down to the floor level to create an evaporative cooling effect that can make workers feel up to 10°F cooler. And when the fans are run daily, they also keep floors and equipment dry and reduce humidity and condensation that can lead to dangerous slips or equipment failure. This also means you can lower your thermostat's set point without any reduction in comfort. In addition, the Tubercle Technology™ design of the blades allow the fans to move more air with less blades, less noise, and less energy.
Since some military facilities are built with little to no insulation, we encourage you to run the fans in reverse for wintertime heating. In reverse, the fans bring hot air down from the ceiling to destratify uneven temperatures in military hangars, offices, and mess halls. Unlike competitive fans, running the giant overhanging fans in reverse does not sacrifice any of the fan's efficiency and will not negatively impact the 15 year warranty.
The fans can also be used to ventilate military facilities by reducing airborne pollutants, allergens, fumes, and odors to improve safety and comfort of employees and visitors. You can experience even more effective ventilation when you combine the giant overhanging fans with wind-driven exhaust turbines.
Additional Benefits Of using giant overhanging fans to heat & cool military facilities
Other additional benefits of installing giant overhanging fans to heat, cool, and ventilate military hangars, offices, and mess halls include:
- Quiet, efficient operation: largest 24 foot fans consume less power than an average hairdryer
- Very low maintenance
- Inexpensive operation: approximately 6 cents/hour for one fan at 0.75 kw
- Minimizes need for expensive duct work on new construction
- Comfortable work environment increases productivity, decreases absenteeism, and reduces risk of heat-related injury
- Extended equipment life: the fans don't need to cycle as often or as long as other fans
- Year-round energy savings
- Tubercle-style blades move more air with fewer blades and less noise
- Evaporative airflow protects equipment from damage due to humidity and condensation
- Decreases or removes airborne pollutants
- Fans available in 8', 12', 16', 20', and 24' diameters
- Capable of rotating up to 400,000 cfm
- Operates on 0.75 to 1.5 kw
- Variable frequency drive for soft starts and variable speed operation from 0-100%
- Safety clips, blade safety links, and collet-type friction drive bushing technology
- Reversible operation for destratifying air in winter
- Fans can cover an area up to 230 ft in diameter
- Ability to link multiple fans
- Fire system & HVAC compatible
- Equipped and compliant with ESFR Control Relays and are fully UL approved
- Minimum ceiling height should equal or exceed the diameter of the fan installed (ex: a 24' fan should have a 24' minimum ceiling height)
Contact Us For giant overhanging fans
Southwest Solutions Group® provides design and installation services for giant overhanging fans to heat, cool, and ventilate military hangars, offices, mess halls, and more. SSG will even provide a free consultation to determine your military facility's exact needs before the installation process begins. To learn more or to speak with a specialist, call us at 1-800-803-1083 or send us a message today.