Automate Your Hospital’s Inventory and Supply Management with the RFID StockBox
The RFID StockBox provides material managers with an efficient and cost-effective solution for automating hospital inventory and supply management. The RFID StockBox combines a Kanban two-bin system with RFID technology to collect inventory and supply reordering information and then sends the information to hospital ERP systems in real-time. (view RFID StockBox images)
The RFID StockBox vs. Weighted Bin Scale
The PAR weighted bin scale method of inventory management measures medical products and supplies in the bins by weight. This method of inventory management creates many problems including not being flexible enough to accommodate changes in inventory quantity; not registering light items; overstocking bins creates false reports; requires an entire wall each time supply levels need to be expanded; and only available to use with PAR methods.
On the other hand, the RFID StockBox works with a two-bin Kanban system to automate hospital inventory and supply management. As your inventory needs change the RFID StockBox can accommodate them. And because the system uses RFID technology there is precise real-time reports and no possibility of human error. Finally, space is not an issue because the RFID StockBox works with whatever storage system you are using and takes up very little space.
The RFID StockBox vs. Barcode Technology
There are many weaknesses that come with barcode technology including a short read range; not being able to identify each item uniquely; requires a clearly visible and clean barcode to read the label information; requires staff to have more active involvement with counting inventory; and it cannot trigger action events.
In comparison, the StockBox uses more advanced RFID technology which provides a larger read range; the ability to passively read each and every item without staff involvement; and RFID linked with the hospital's ERP system can trigger events such as altering vendors that more medical products and supplies are needed.
Advantages the RFID StockBox for Hospital Inventory & Supply Management
The advantages of using the RFID StockBox include,
- Scalability: The RFID StockBox will work for any size healthcare organization with numerous different quantities of inventories and supplies.
- Adaptability: The specific inventory and supply management needs for your hospital will be met and it will work with your existing methods.
- 24/7 Support: If you have any questions or concerns, there is support available 24/7.
- State-of-the-art Technology: Radio Frequency Identification is the most advanced, passive technology for managing hospital inventory and supplies.
- Reliability: There is no downtime with the RFID StockBox. It is dependable and accurate.
- End-end-Solution: The RFID StockBox has the capability to provide a perfectly matched solution to any requirement from both the hospital and vendor’s perspective.
Contact Us for the RFID StockBox for Automating Your Hospitals Inventory and Supply Management
If you are interested in finding out more about automating hospital inventory and supply management with RFID StockBox, then give us a call today at 1-800-803-1083 or send us a message to learn more about how the RFID StockBox will benefit your facility.