Drop Off Biological Storage Refrigerators
Half-height drop off refrigerators and stacking cabinets for biological evidence storage ensures absolute preservation and security in less space. Available in pass-through or non-pass-through options, the evidence refrigerators are designed to meet the unique needs of officers and have a modular design that can be adjusted or expanded at any time. Watch video on property and evidence processing and storage systems and evidence lockers for law enforcement.
Preserving Biological Evidence Integrity
The evidence refrigerators and stacking cabinets allow officers to quickly drop off biological evidence and ensure its integrity and security. Once the evidence has been logged, the officer simply leaves it in the automatically locking evidence refrigerator for the technician to retrieve later. The refrigerators are available in both non-pass-through and pass-through options, which allow technicians to securely access stored evidence without leaving the evidence room. Its modular construction allows you to reconfigure the cabinets to your exact needs, even if they change in the future. Cabinets can also be stacked on top of each other to save space.
To maintain the integrity of biological evidence, the refrigerator uses cold air circulation to keep temperatures controlled between a preset of 38ºF to 42ºF. If the temperature within the cabinet reaches lower or higher than the preset temperature, an audible alarm will sound to alert users.
Once the officer has deposited the evidence, it cannot be accessed again. Doors feature push-button keyless locks, allowing the unattended storage and deposit of evidence without the need for manual key management. Doors are self-closing, so they cannot accidentally be left open once evidence has been deposited. Additional features include:
- Modular units are shipped assembled and ready to use
- 41.44" H x 36" W x 24" D (refrigerators doors protrude 2" for a total depth of 28")
- Available with 6 or 10 compartments
- Maintains controlled temperature of 38ºF to 42ºF to ensure biological evidence integrity
- Accurate and easy to read digital temperature display
- Alarm automatically sounds when temperature reaches preset at 36ºF (low) to 44ºF(high)
- Keyless locking system only allows one-time access by depositor to maintain the chain of custody and improve security
- Pass-through and non-pass-through models available
- Door jams are condensation-free to prevent the growth of mold
- Magnetic seals ensure that main doors stay closed
- Automatic defrost cycle
- 404A refrigerant
- ETL listed for product safety
- Powered by 115V/10 amp
- Number tags installed on all front doors for easy identification
- Base with adjustable floor levelers
- Pass-through models include wall trim packages
- Easy but secure access to refrigeration unit
- Chamber cooling with cold air circulation
- All installation hardware included
- 1-year limited warranty on refrigerated units
Contact Us for Half-Height Drop Off Biological Evidence Refrigerators
Southwest Solutions Group® provides design and installation services for half-height drop off biological evidence refrigerators and stacking cabinets for law enforcement facilities. We will also provide you with a free consultation to determine your exact needs and specifications before the design process begins. To learn more or to speak with a specialist, call us at 1-800-803-1083 or send us a message today.