Refrigerated evidence lockers for biological evidence storage ensure absolute preservation and security in less space. Ideal for storing sexual assault kits and other biological evidence, these refrigerated evidence storage systems are designed to meet the unique needs of facilities from hospital emergency rooms to police departments and crime labs. They are available as freestanding cabinets or integrated into larger locker systems, and you can also choose from pass-through or non-pass-through options. In addition, they have a modular design that can be adjusted or expanded at any time. Cabinets can also be stacked on top of each other to save space. Watch videos on more evidence locker storage systems for law enforcement here.
Preserving Biological Evidence Integrity
The freestanding refrigerated evidence lockers provide secure, climate-controlled storage to preserve the integrity of biological evidence such as the DNA evidence in sexual assault kits. Each cabinet contains either six or ten compartments that can fit an individual rape kit. This isolated storage system prevents cross-contamination of the biological evidence.
To maintain the integrity of biological evidence, the refrigerator uses cold air circulation to keep temperatures controlled between a preset of 38ºF to 42ºF. If the temperature within the cabinet reaches lower or higher than the preset temperature, an audible alarm will sound to alert users. Read about more refrigerated evidence locker options here.
Staff can deposit evidence into a compartment and leave it securely stored until it needs to be retrieved. Doors feature push-button keyless locks, allowing secure unattended storage of refrigerated evidence without the need for manual key management. The doors are also self-closing, so they cannot accidentally be left open once evidence has been deposited.
- Modular units are shipped assembled and ready to use
- 41.44" H x 36" W x 24" D (refrigerator doors protrude 2" for a total depth of 28")
- Available with 6 or 10 compartments
- Maintains controlled temperature of 38ºF to 42ºF to ensure biological evidence integrity
- Accurate and easy-to-read digital temperature display
- Alarm automatically sounds when temperature reaches preset at 36ºF (low) to 44ºF(high)
- Keyless locking system only allows one-time access by depositor to maintain the chain of custody and improve security
- Available as a freestanding cabinet or integrated into a larger locker system
- Pass-through and non-pass-through models available
- Door jambs are condensation-free to prevent the growth of mold
- Magnetic seals ensure that main doors stay closed
- Automatic defrost cycle
- 404A refrigerant
- ETL listed for product safety
- Powered by 115V/10 amp
- Number tags installed on all front doors for easy identification
- Base with adjustable floor levelers
- Pass-through models include wall trim packages
- Easy but secure access to refrigeration unit
- Chamber cooling with cold air circulation
- All installation hardware included
- 1-year limited warranty on refrigerated units
Contact Us for Freestanding Refrigerated Evidence Lockers
Southwest Solutions Group® provides design and installation services for freestanding refrigerated evidence lockers for hospitals and law enforcement facilities. We will also provide you with a free consultation to determine your exact needs and specifications before the design process begins. To learn more or to speak with a specialist, call us at 1-800-803-1083 or send us a message today.