Why the Pharmacy Needed A New Solution for Storage
A hospital pharmacy only succeeds if everything works in union – especially the storage system. For example, the centralized pharmacy at a northern hospital needed a simplified storage solution to handle all of their daily requirements:
- At least 27 pharmacy technicians wheeling in carts for accessing a variety of medications and drugs.
- The unboxing of hundreds of bulk medications every day that need a place where they can be found quickly.
- Securely managing the large amount of refrigerated and non-refrigerated narcotics in a very small vault.
To meet the pharmacy’s needs, several FrameWRX storage systems were installed. The FrameWRX systems are ideal for keeping a large amount of diverse pharmaceutical items organized and readily accessible. Additionally, the system can be configured on the spot and reconfigured as needed without tools or fasteners. Available on Vizient GPO Contract #CE2900 (Vizient customers call for contract pricing.
The Design of the FrameWRX Storage System at the Hospital
All of the FrameWRX storage systems at the hospital are equipped with numerous rows of bins of different sizes so that like-sized items have an exact place. This also makes it easier for staff to do their jobs. For example:
- Many of the rows have bins on each side for dual access.
- Some systems have shelving at the base for the very large items
- One system rests against a wall to provide a much needed bank of single bins
- Another system serves as both storage unit and workstation.
- In the narcotics vault, there’s a high density system that doubles the storage capacity in the small space.
The best part about the FrameWRX storage system for the pharmacy is that everything can be reconfigured in minutes with different bins, shelving, pegs or other accessories.
Benefits Realized by Using the FrameWRX Storage System
Teams of pharmacy technicians easily walk through the aisles in between the FrameWRX storage system and have no issues locating or loading their carts. At the same time, purchasing staff and the team’s medical consultant always know what inventory they have and when to order more. And finally, the unit-dose packaging process operates like a well-oiled machine.
Contact Us for FrameWRX Storage Systems for Your Pharmacy
Southwest Solutions Group® provides design and installation services for FrameWRX systems to pharmacies for medication storage. SSG will even provide a free consultation to determine your exact needs before the design process begins. To learn more or to speak with a specialist, call us at 1-800-803-1083 or send us a message today.