safe Vault storage for digital records & software
Do you have digital records? Are they safe from fires, heat, humidity, natural disasters, magnetic fields, and other factors that can quickly degrade digital media? A typical hard drive only lasts 4-5 years even in normal conditions. Large fire safe media protection vaults for archival storage, software, and other vital information and records. The vaults protect fragile computer, film, and other digital media from all types of damage, including mismanagement, catastrophic destruction, environmental damage, off-gassing, dust, improper handling, and more, in addition to extending the lifespan of digital media by a factor of three times without having to pay costly fees for offsite storage.
Vaults Protect the lifespan of your Media
The life expectancy of media is affected by many different factors, including relative humidity, care, and cleaning, magnetic field strength, UV light, condensation, even light physical damage such as being dropped short distances; some media like tapes are even damaged from the tension accrued from being stored horizontally. And all of this is without taking natural disasters into consideration. A typical concrete vault would do more harm than good to archival storage, software, and other digital media in the event of a fire because escaping steam from the concrete walls will quickly raise the temperature in the vault to 212° and relative humidity to 100%—this will completely destroy digital records and media. Concrete is also susceptible to mildew, mold, and other moisture-related problems that can damage digital records and software. Especially for archival storage, making sure your vital records are as safe as possible from all types of damage is extremely important. Firesafe media protection vaults allow you to do this easily and on-site.
Firesafe vaults are ideal for banks, financial facilities, government facilities, historical archives, server rooms, and more. The vaults allow air filtering with a design that eliminates dust. A fast-acting clean agent fire suppressant within the vault is EPA-approved and will not harm digital media, computer equipment, or personnel.
Additional features of the fire safe media protection vaults include:
- Ideal for storing paper records, digital media, servers, and other IT infrastructure, priceless items, film masters, core programming code, biological and stability samples, and more.
- Modular construction: The vaults are built from panels 24 inches wide and with heights that can vary from 8 to 20 feet.
- Modular vault panels are lightweight to allow for maximum storage flexibility without exceeding floor load requirements in high-rise office buildings.
- Vault panels are constructed from spun ceramic material capable of withstanding temperatures above 2000°F for five hours.
- UL Class 125 vault door assembly is made up of an outer and inner vault door. The thermal break between the doors increases the barriers to migrating heat, which enhances data protection.
- Specially designed cable trays to prevent heat from metal conduit to be carried into vault rooms.
- Structural steel design offers three times the strength of normal building constructions.
- Magnetic shielding components protect against common electromagnetic fields that can damage digital media.
- A roof deck protects the vault when sprinklers activate or during a fire fighting process.
- Vaults are pre-designed to integrate dust and vapor resistant lighting, humidity control, and fire suppression systems. The AC duct/damper assembly provides air circulation without compromising the integrity of the vault.
- Modular vaults are light enough to install on an upper floor and adaptable enough to move to a new location.
- Multi-level vault options are available to provide higher density storage.
contact us for Large Firesafe Media Protection Vaults
Don't leave the protection and safety of your archival storage, software, and vital digital media to chance. Southwest Solutions Group® provides design and installation services for large fire-safe media protection vaults to keep your media protected and secure, and we will even provide a free consultation to determine your exact needs before the design process begins. To learn more or to speak with a specialist, call us at 1-800-803-1083 or send us a message today.