improve ergonomics with automated vertical storage lifts
Injuries resulting from heavy, frequent, and awkward lifting is one of the most common types of warehouse injuries, even in young adults. Investing in good ergonomic practices can help prevent these injuries from occurring in the first place, saving your business lost money on worker compensation claims and worker absences. One way of improving ergonomics and improving worker productivity is with automated vertical storage lifts with integrated overhead cranes for lifting heavy parts.
In addition to worker injuries, storing and moving heavy goods is a main concern for workflow and is often done very inefficiently. Heavy goods are often moved on pallets by forklifts to work areas for processing. These work areas usually lack the ability to store pallets, requiring workers to wait for a forklift operator to bring them materials. Automated storage lifts use a very small footprint by storing heavy parts vertically. Maximizing storage at the point of use enhances productivity and eliminates wait times for materials. Combining the vertical storage lift with an integrated overhead crane makes moving, storing, and lifting heavy parts such as press tools, motors, and pumps fast, efficient, and safe.
benefits of automated vertical storage lifts
There are numerous additional benefits of using automated vertical storage lifts with integrated overhead cranes.
- Since the lifts stores trays vertically in unused air space, it stores goods in drastically less space than conventional warehouse storage racks (up to 85% floor space savings)
- Workers do not have to waste time waiting for separate overhead cranes and other heavy lifting equipment
- Less travel time with goods-to-person delivery
- Trays are fully extracted and delivered at an ergonomic height
- Less picking errors with optional integrated batch picking and pick-to-light software
- Reduced or eliminated wait time for order processing
contact us for automated vertical storage lifts
Southwest Solutions Group® provides design and installation services to businesses who are interested in vertical storage lifts with integrated overhead cranes for storing and lifting heavy parts. SSG will even offer a free consultation to determine your warehouse's exact needs before the design process begins. To learn more or to speak with a material handling specialist, call us at 1-800-803-1083 or send us a message today.