Programmable electric mobile systems create space
The storage area used to house the library collection at one of the oldest law schools in the country had become insufficient. This was largely due to the fact that inventory had expanded from what it used to be to more than twice its size, growing in excess of more than 500,000 volumes. The simple fact was that the law library needed a better way to showcase their vast compilation of books, and fast. Otherwise, nearly half of it would need to be stored off site. It was something that would only prove to problematic in the future. And, so to avoid having to keep the books in two separate locations, the library was fitted with several programmable electric mobile systems and compact bookcases to create accessible space for the library to use as they wished. This meant more room for added conveniences such as seating, rooms for reading and computers, as well as a study area with more than 300 carrels. Programmable electric mobile systems compact to create accessible space.
Programmable electric mobile systems adapt
Programmable electric mobile systems that compact bookcases to create accessible space was the right choice for the library to go with for several reasons. They are adaptable, which means the library wouldn't have to pull money from somewhere else in order to finance the installation. And, because these systems come in a variety of different color options, they wouldn't have to deviate from the rich interior already in place when it came to choosing a design. In addition, because these systems are mobile and built with carriages that run on rails connected to the floor, they provided the library with the opportunity to make better use of rail extensions in the floor that had been covered up by carpet.
Safe programmable electric mobile systems
To help keep students safe while accessing information from books about 19th century, French legal history, and Roman law, these programmable electric mobile systems were fitted with a Zero Force Safety System. It works to protect those in aisles of the compact bookcases from harm. This microprocessor controlled infrared photoelectric system is designed to stop the carriages from moving if people or objects such as books, carts, stools and wheelchairs are occupying the aisle. And it is done without any assistance from an actual person. This meant that the area of the library with programmable electric mobile systems could accommodate a higher volume of traffic without incident. Watch programmable electric mobile systems out do the competition.
Contact us for programmable electric mobile systems
Southwest Solutions Group® provides design and installation services for programmable electric mobile systems. Free consultations are available to determine you and your business's exact needs before the design process begins. To learn more or to speak with a storage specialist, call us at 1-800-803-1083 or send us a message today.
View Image Gallery
- book shelving divider library storage book shelving divider library storage
- book stacks library shelving storage book stacks library shelving storage
- end panels shelving library book end panels shelving library book
- laminate end panels media shelving laminate end panels media shelving
- library book shelves dividers reference library book shelves dividers reference
- library book stacks shelving shelves library book stacks shelving shelves
- media drawers dvd shelving reference media drawers dvd shelving reference
- periodical tilt shelving display library periodical tilt shelving display library
- reference library shelving book storage reference library shelving book storage
- reference library storage book perioidcal reference library storage book perioidcal
- school reference library stores book school reference library stores book
- tilit shelving library storage display tilit shelving library storage display
- tilt shelf library periodical display tilt shelf library periodical display