Storage & Handling of Heavy Molds & Dies
Having the right equipment handling and storage systems enables warehouses and industrial facilities to compete. Inefficient storage means higher labor costs, more risk of injury and worker's compensation claims, and reduced productivity due to difficulty of retrieval. Automated stacker storage equipment with cranes and transfer pallets make mold and die handling easy, safe, and incredibly efficient for material handling applications in Billings, Missoula, Great Falls, Bozeman, Butte, and throughout the state of Montana. (see automated machines to store tools, dies, and molds)
Automated Stacker Storage with Integrated Cranes
The automated stacker storage equipment provides space savings as well as safety and efficiency. In fact, many warehouses have experienced a 75% reduction in space required for their mold and die storage, since materials are stored and organized efficiently on compact racks. The stacker storage racks utilize an integrated automatic crane that reduces changeover times and allows a single operator to retrieve and handle molds and dies. A stacker crane is always available, eliminating the need for workers to wait for forklifts or other material handling equipment and reducing bottlenecks.
Additional benefits and features of the automated stacker storage equipment include:
- Operators can generally retrieve or store an item, even the heaviest molds or dies, in 2 ½ minutes or less.
- Transfer pallets available in capacities of 2,000, 4,000, and 6,000 lbs. and in multiple different pallet sizes
- Heavy-duty rollers, removable end stops, and lever-operated roller brakes allow quick and safe pallet retrieval
- Stackers start at heights of 10 feet and can be built with frames up to 25 feet tall
- Reduce risk of injury with handling heavy molds & dies
- Point-of-use and automatic sending and receiving storage increases productivity
- 100% accessibility
- Reduced search and wait times
- Increased storage capacity without need for expansion
- Improved safety & reduced collateral damage
- Modular design is scalable and expandable for maximum flexibility
- Single, double, and triple aisle systems available
Contact Us for Automated Stacker Storage Equipment
Southwest Solutions Group® provides design and installation services for automated stacker storage equipment for mold and die handling in Billings, Missoula, Great Falls, Bozeman, and Butte. We will also provide you with a free consultation to determine your exact needs and specifications before the design process begins. To learn more or to speak with a specialist, call us at 1-800-803-1083 or send us a message today.