AAMI-ST91 Endoscope Storage Guidelines
The use of endoscopy scopes is extensive, and more hospital acquired infections (HAIs) have been linked to endoscopes than to any other medical device. That’s why standard AAMI-ST91 was adopted. Part of the requirements address storage:
- endoscopes should hang vertically
- storage should be well ventilated
- there should be no bends in the scope
- scopes should not touch one another
- should be in a closed cabinet
- with venting and air circulation
To meet these requirements, we offer innovative, state-of-the-art endoscopy scope storage and drying cabinets. The cabinets ensure both large and small endoscopes are stored and dried properly so that your hospital can fight to reduce HAIs and protect valuable scopes from damage. (Learn more about our other infection control products).
Cabinets for Storing Large & Small Endoscopes
The larger endoscopy scope cabinet stores and dries up to 16 scopes. This cabinet accommodates colonoscopies, EUS Scopes, TEE probes, bronchoscopes and cystoscopies. It’s available with a roll-down door or glass doors for increased visibility. The size of the cabinet is 93.25”H x 36.10”W x 18.75”D with a net weight of 236 pounds.
The second smaller endoscopy scope cabinet stores and dries up to 8 Bronchoscopes and ENT Scopes. It features a roll down door. The size of the cabinet is 56.125”H x 36.125”W x 18.75” with a net weight of 175 pounds.
Features of Both Endoscopy Scope Storage & Drying Cabinets
- Constructed of sturdy, 18 gauge steel
- Drying fans 100-240VAC Universal Input
- HEPA filter captures up to 99.97% of particles, 0.3 microns, exceeding AORN scope storage recommendations
- Back wall with padded vinyl prevents damage to scope optics
- Engineered to protect scopes and provide easy access
- Removable drip tray
- Standard sand color with custom colors available on request
- Also available without drying package
Contact Us for Endoscopy Scope Storage & Drying Cabinets
Southwest Solutions Group® provides endoscopy scope cabinets for all types of healthcare facilities. SSG will even offer a free consultation to determine your exact needs. To learn more or to speak with a specialist, call us at 1-800-803-1083 or send us a message today.