digital cloud storage for records & information management
What does your document retrieval process look like? If you're still managing paper documents, then it's very likely that employees spend most of the document retrieval time just trying to find the file in question, leading employees to spend hours upon hours per week searching for files. On top of that, it's costly to maintain paper file storage and can be difficult to keep up with document retention and destruction guidelines.
Because of this, more and more companies are turning to digital cloud storage for records and information management to improve efficiency and productivity while reducing the overall costs of managing documents. Cloud storage allows digital documents to be backed up on a remote storage system, allowing you to access these files at any time and from anywhere without wading through mountains of paper. Digitizing your documents may seem like a daunting or even impossible task, but there are many document conversion plans and services that can help you get started. You can get help developing a document conversion plan that will allow you to streamline your records and information management process efficiently with little downtime.
advantages of digital cloud storage
Document conversion doesn't have to be an "all or nothing" process. The importance lies in carefully analyzing which documents need to be converted and then developing a day-forward plan to move your business towards an efficient paperless office. Here are just a few of the biggest advantages of using digital cloud storage for records and information management:
- Reduce costs: In addition to saving money on paper storage, digital cloud storage is much more cost efficient than external hard drives to back up data.
- Security: In digital cloud storage systems, data is encrypted both during transmission and even while it's not being used. No unauthorized users can access your files.
- Automated backups: Manual backup processes are tedious and time-consuming. After you select which files to back up and when, the cloud will automatically do it for you. In addition, backups are kept in secure locations for added security. This also makes it hassle-free to retrieve files in the event of data loss.
- Accessibility and scalability: Cloud storage can be accessed from any device with an internet connection, including mobile devices.
- Automatic syncing: Files are automatically updated across all devices.
- Easy sharing of files with authorized users.
- Easy collaboration allows multiple people to edit and collaborate on a document.
contact us about document conversion for records & information management
Southwest Solutions Group® provides consultation, installation, and implementation of digital storage and document conversion for businesses who are seeking to improve their records and information management processes. To learn more or to speak with an information management solutions specialist, call us at 1-800-1083 or send us a message today.