The Best Solution for Storage in Your Hospital
Storage space is at a huge premium in most hospitals. Not only is it required for a wide variety of activities, records, and supplies, but poorly designed or inaccessible storage can cause big problems. The inability to quickly find the right instrument or medication isn’t just inconvenient, it could cost someone’s life. That’s why many hospitals are switching to mobile shelving for storing medical supplies and records. Here are six reasons why mobile shelving is the best option for your hospital.
1. Mobile shelving will more than double the capacity of existing space – right now.
Most hospitals simply don’t have enough space and can’t afford to construct new facilities. Mobile shelving cuts storage space in half or doubles storage capacity in the same space. Not only will your hospital increase efficiencies right now, but long-term, you have a cost-effective solution that will accommodate growth.
2. Costly waiting times and service fees associated with off-site storage and retrieval are eliminated.
Hospitals often turn to off-site storage for their massive amount of records – a practice that’s proven to be both expensive and time consuming. Mobile shelving allows hospitals to move record storage back on-site, which saves money, increases productivity, and enhances patient services. (Click here to read why one hospital used mobile shelving to bring records on-site).
3. Mobile shelving improves efficiency and productivity to save time and lives.
It’s a typical OR or ER dilemma – a critical instrument needs to be replaced and it is stored in a non-sterile environment. The greater capacity of mobile shelving allows all necessary instruments and supplies to be kept close at hand. Point-of-use storage also improves efficiency and productivity in records, pharmacy, and many other areas in your hospital. Special features that can be added to mobile shelving include aisle-end storage for frequently accessed items; programmable systems that permit multiple aisles to be opened at the same time; and short carriages that cut retrieval times.
4. Mobile shelving stores everything – from small, delicate items to bulky, uniquely shaped items.
Customization is a key benefit of mobile shelving. Consider the storage needs of a typical pharmacy department: bulk supplies, sterile IV supplies, and pharmaceuticals. Deep shelves and heavy-duty carriages will handle large boxes and heavy loads; enclosed shelves protect sterile items; and shallow, closely spaced shelves accommodate small bottles. Plus, the soft start/stop feature on programmable mobile shelving keeps fragile items from jarring.
5. Mobile shelving provides extra security.
Mobile shelving can be securely closed to protect stored items from dust. Also, programmable mobile shelving is loaded with safety features like photo sweep or zero force sensors that keep stored items and users safe. The shelving can also lock to secure items from unauthorized access.
6. Items are more accessible and inventory control is easier.
Mobile shelving improves accessibility in countless ways. This goes back to the idea of customization. Increased density allows medical records to be kept in a treatment area; a constantly rotating linen supply to be housed in narrower, more accessible shelves; pharmaceuticals to be housed at eye-height and below. Also, because supplies are kept in one central location, they are easier to monitor and control.
Contact Us for Mobile Shelving in Your Hospital
Southwest Solutions Group® provides design and installation services for mobile shelving. SSG will even provide a free consultation to determine your exact needs before the design process begins. To learn more or to speak with a specialist, call us at 1-800-803-1083 or send us a message today.
View Image Gallery
- Artifacts Storage High Density Compact Artifacts Storage High Density Compact
- Bankers Box Powered HighDensity Storage Bankers Box Powered HighDensity Storage
- Bike Storage High Density Compact Bike Storage High Density Compact
- Compact Shelving High Density Football Compact Shelving High Density Football
- Evidence Storage High Density Compact Evidence Storage High Density Compact
- File Storage High Density Compact File Storage High Density Compact
- Firearms Storage High Density Compact Firearms Storage High Density Compact
- Football Helmet Locker Room High Football Helmet Locker Room High
- GiftShop Secure Storage Compact Shelving GiftShop Secure Storage Compact Shelving
- Hand Crank High Density Storage Hand Crank High Density Storage
- Hand Crank Push Button Storage Hand Crank Push Button Storage
- Hand Crank High Density Compact Hand Crank High Density Compact
- Hand Crank High Density File Hand Crank High Density File
- High Density Compact Shelving Golf High Density Compact Shelving Golf
- High Density Hand Crank File High Density Hand Crank File
- High Density Hand Crank Shelving High Density Hand Crank Shelving
- High Density Storage Powered Hand High Density Storage Powered Hand
- High Density Storage Powered Push High Density Storage Powered Push
- Military Weapons Storage High Density Military Weapons Storage High Density
- Motorcycle Storage Industrial High Density Motorcycle Storage Industrial High Density
- Office Filing Compact Storage High Office Filing Compact Storage High
- Powered Hand Crank High Density Powered Hand Crank High Density
- Powered Hand Crank Storage Safety Powered Hand Crank Storage Safety
- Powered High Density Storage Push Powered High Density Storage Push
- Powered High Density Storage Shelving Powered High Density Storage Shelving
- Push Button High Density Storage Push Button High Density Storage
- Push Button Powered Storage Push Button Powered Storage
- Safety Lock Hand Crank High Safety Lock Hand Crank High
- Safety Sensors High Density Storage Safety Sensors High Density Storage
- Spacesaver High Density Compact Shelving Spacesaver High Density Compact Shelving
- Textile Storage High Density Compact Textile Storage High Density Compact
- Tools Storage High Density Compact Tools Storage High Density Compact