Storing firefighter battalion turnout gear off floor saves space
Where do you keep your turnout gear? This was the topic of conversation on a firehouse Internet forum. The person asking the question wasn't at all shy about sharing what their department does. It involved storing firefighter battalion turnout gear on the apparatus. Some agreed this scenario was not ideal since it takes up valuable compartment space. So, what other alternatives are available? That's easy. Fire equipment bunkers do the same thing, only off the floor to save space.
Their ability to perform this task without using the floor is all in how the units install. All fire equipment bunkers accept mounting to the wall to save space. Each includes the necessary components to take over storing firefighter battalion turnout gear. So, the apparatus remains free and clear to give the station a cleaner look. Among the components are hooks, rods, shelves and security boxes. All help make storing whatever you need easier, promising better storage organization for boots, helmets, personal items, and uniforms to name a few. Everything remains close at hand for speedier retrieval. Click here for more fire station storage solutions.
Fire equipment bunkers promise maintenance-free use
Fire equipment bunkers offer an open front, making access easy in an emergency. Units come with expanded metal sides that provide greater ventilation to support drying. Its all-welded galvanized corrosion-resistant steel construction and paint promise maintenance-free use that lasts.
Features for fire equipment bunkers
These fire equipment bunkers ship assembled to provide faster use. Other unit features include:
Frame & Body: Unit construction includes 16 gauge hollow "T" tubular frame. Also included are 16 gauge galvanized corrosion-resistant steel backs. It also has 13 gauge 1/2" flattened expanded metal sides.
Shelves: One galvanized hat/intermediate shelf and one fixed hat shelf
Stainless Steel Coat Rod: One-inch diameter stainless steel tubing full-width coat rod. Formed side hooks attached to underside of shelf provide it with support.
Hooks: Two single prong hooks at back and two hooks at coat rod ends.
Integral Base (86.25" high models only): 14 gauge formed structural channels welded to front and rear side panel frame members to allow placement of locker bottom shelf above floor level. Comes with a solid bottom shelf.
Wall Mounted Lockers (84" High models only): Wall angle brackets need buying to mount units on the wall. Mounting angles come in 6' lengths and can be cut to size. One bracket needed for every three lockers. Comes with a perforated bottom shelf. Extra support may be required (by customer) to properly support the locker.
12" Wide Security Box (on indicated models): 14 gauge galvanized corrosion-resistance steel door. Units have two heavy-duty 13 gauge 7-knuckle 3 1/2" hinges. It also features a projecting combination spring-bolt/padlock hasp door pull.
Finish: (721 Relay Red Hammertone) All locker parts cleaned and coated after fabrication using a seven stage zinc/iron phosphate solution to inhibit corrosion. What follows is a coat of high grade custom blend powder electrostatic sprayed. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for at least of 20 minutes to provide a tough durable textured finish.
Made in America
Warranty: Lifetime manufacturer warranty
Contact us for fire equipment bunkers
Southwest Solutions Group® provides design and installation services of fire equipment bunkers. Free consultations are available to determine you and your business's exact needs before the design process begins. To learn more or to speak with a storage specialist, call us at 1-800-803-1083 or send us a message today.
No videos available at this time
View Image Gallery
- blueprint storage shelf plan drawing blueprint storage shelf plan drawing
- fire department cabinets copy room fire department cabinets copy room
- fire department firehose racks fire fire department firehose racks fire
- fire department locking food pantry fire department locking food pantry
- fire department paper mail organizer fire department paper mail organizer
- fire department rolled plan shelving fire department rolled plan shelving
- fire department sliding shelving lockable fire department sliding shelving lockable
- fire hose rack fire station fire hose rack fire station
- fire hose station racking rolled fire hose station racking rolled
- fire station casework moveable millwork fire station casework moveable millwork
- fire station equipment storage racks fire station equipment storage racks
- fire station sorter mail sorting fire station sorter mail sorting
- fire station storage rolled plan fire station storage rolled plan
- fire station storage room organization fire station storage room organization
- fire station workroom copy room fire station workroom copy room
- firehose Shelving storage fire department firehose Shelving storage fire department
- firehose Shelving storage racks fire firehose Shelving storage racks fire
- firehose Shelving storage shelf rolled firehose Shelving storage shelf rolled
- information organizers workstation fire station information organizers workstation fire station
- modular drawe cabinets millwork storage modular drawe cabinets millwork storage
- rolling doors fire station pantry rolling doors fire station pantry
- rolling food pantry shelves locking rolling food pantry shelves locking
- stainless cabinets fire station evidence stainless cabinets fire station evidence
- stainless steel cabinets fire department stainless steel cabinets fire department